Holidays 2019

Soldato
Just booked flights to Malaga for the family (Me, Wife, 9 and 5/6yr old) for the summer. will be AirBnB-ing it for accommodation. First time going to Spain for any of us, first time on a foreign summer holiday for the kids (usually do our larger holiday in winter (skiing) or spring). Plan on staying a little inland away from the big coastal tourist centres, but within reach for trips to water parks and suchlike.

Anyone got any must see/must do things in the Malaga/ wider Andalusia area?

Associate
Going to Majorca in March for 2 weeks and will probably go again later in the year. My parents have an apartment there.
I would like to go skiing but it's probably not going to happen unless I can find people to go with and save up some money.
Might just go to the Dam, shag some hookers and smoke weed. But I have already been before and didn't do either. ha.

I have a friend in Portugal and another Vietnam, I would like to go and visit and could stay with them.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
silver wedding trip in september to iceland then on to New York

I need to fulfill my geological bucket list by standing on a glacier, going inside a magama chamber and standing on the mid atlantic ridge ( New york afterwards is to appease my wife as my inner nerd comes to the surface in iceland)

OcUK Staff
Hi there

So far my planned trips are:

January - Vegas (CES for work) then a few days in LA and roadtrip.
April - Hong Kong
May - Looking at Villas for a week, not in concrete yet but probably Spain/Malta area.
June - Thailand (villa)/Vietnam (hotel) plus a week in Taiwan, but Taiwan is for work.
July - Another villa week away, probably Italy.
August - 2 weeks in Turkey booked in a nice villa - https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p8079733?uni_id=3410983
September - Probably do an NC500 roadtrip and maybe California
November - Taiwan trip
December - Some hotel weekends away

I am fortunate to get a lot of holidays and opportunities to travel the world and I always take them. :)
Its a good job I like flying. :)

Don
OP
Hi there

April - Hong Kong
May - Looking at Villas for a week, not in concrete yet but probably Spain/Malta area.
June - Thailand (villa)/Vietnam (hotel) plus a week in Taiwan, but Taiwan is for work.
August - 2 weeks in Turkey booked in a nice villa - https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p8079733?uni_id=3410983
November - Taiwan trip

I am fortunate to get a lot of holidays and opportunities to travel the world and I always take them. :)

you're worse than me ;)

Soldato
Hi there

April - Hong Kong
November - Taiwan trip

You missed out February,March and October.:D

Soldato
Not too much on the cards this year as I'm looking to move house early July.

June: 4-6 days in Hungary for a wedding / spending time with the in-laws.
August: around a week beach holiday in Croatia, AirBnB, nothing too fancy.
October: another American road trip with the boys, Boston > Hartford > Nashville > Memphis > New Orleans or something in that vein.
November: long weekend in Amsterdam with the Mrs to celebrate my birthday.
December: depending on finances either a) take the Mrs to New York in the run up to Christmas for a long weekend or b) Long weekend in Vienna around Christmas market time.

la plagne for a weeks skiing in March

St Lucia for 10 days in June.
Anyone ever climbed the grand piton? I am tempted to give it a go. Whilst its only 7xxM above sea level (you start at sea level practically) its about 3 miles total distance and of course its about 30 degrees and close to 100% humidity!
Trying to decide if this counts as relaxing ;)

OcUK Staff
Does the Turkey villa come with an armed guard? :p

I need to take more time off this year / get away, didn't use two weeks of holidays last year.

Nope its lovely there, no need to armed guards. :p

I thought the price was very fair, I've seen similar villas at nearly £1000 per day, I got some off the price and got pool heating, water and bread thrown in each morning. Also got a chef hired for a couple of days when we don't eat out.
I had a strange check list, had to be a large infinity pool, large hot tub, pool table, table tennis table, chef (available), masseuse (available), within relative walking distance to restaurants, beach clubs etc. but can get taxi's easily.

Compared to a few years ago, one week in Thailand was 25,000 euros for the Villa, but that Villa was even more high-end and the views were incredible been right on beach. Called "The View" Koh Samui and its very expensive, thankfully I was not paying. ;)

P.S. Thats why this year I am taking plenty of time, thankfully my holidays roll over, I have around 10 days plus from last year to use up, plus I get 28 days plus national holidays per year, sometimes struggle to use them all up, this year they shall be used and more so. :D

OcUK Staff
Yep villa looks great and if the average price shown is correct is good going should have a great time, my holidays carry over too so looking forward to the extra time off!

Costing me just shy of £500, total bill was just over 6k for the villa in August/September, which for its size and facilities, plus view I felt was good value, all other similar quality villas were closer to 10k in same area for 10-14 days in August/Sept and finding one that ticked all my boxes was not easy.

Back
Top Bottom