Sony Playstation Demo 1 Appreciation Thread

Soldato
I wonder if we'll ever feel that sense of wonder again or was it just because it was a truly massive jump in tech from the 16bit consoles and we were all at a different time of our lives then.

Soldato
Oh man, I loved the PS1 demo disks, played hell out of the GTA demo. The mag was decent too, quite thick plus a demo disk for around £5 per month. I had a paper round and got £10 per week, when the Official PlayStation Mag came out each month I spent 50% of that weeks wage before the paper shop owner even paid me. Good times, simpler times and like others have said, I really appreciated games back then as it was a real luxury for me and my brother. Heck, I had to wait until Christmas one year to get a memory card so I could actually save a game :D

Associate
ESPN WOW! i still own this game and me and my mate was actually playing it a few weeks ago, a lot harder than i remember lol. I got my PlayStation from a second hand shop and the game was inside the machine when i got it home, i had no idea what it was but did i pile some hours into it

Noxia - Sadly i dont think we will :(

Soldato
I wonder if we'll ever feel that sense of wonder again or was it just because it was a truly massive jump in tech from the 16bit consoles and we were all at a different time of our lives then.

Unlikely to feel the same way about anything as you did as a kid but the jump to VR has been pretty special for me.

I found some old demo PS1 demo discs recently but sold the actual PS1 a long time ago, stuck them on eBay and was surprised to see how quickly they sold.

Back
Top Bottom