Samsung 27" 1440 / 144hz (LC27JG52QQUXEN)

Associate
Alright chaps.

Looking at upgrading my screen (24" 1080p basic AOC) Looking at the above one - its down fairly cheap on amazon.

Main things im looking for in 27" 144hz and 1440. Gsync is what tempting but way out of my budget.

My current rig is old, but will be gutting the CPU / Mobo / ram come new year, as it stands;

2500k - running at 4.8ghz
16gb DDR3
1070 card.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Associate
I mention the Dells as I have the Samsung L27HG70 with a 1080TI. This card means I can run fast sync and not have any tearing or stutter.
However that Samsung is a great price, but as it is a 4ms panel, if you do not play a lot of FPS, then it might be OK with some settings dropped down.

Associate

I agree with this choice. IPS panels have all the issues with backlight bleed and all that, so you avoid that with the VA panel which is still a lot better than TN. You even get some HDR for the price. The curved thing is a personal choice and FREESYNC doesn't matter much(I also have a Freesync panel, despite having 980ti). If AMD actually releases good GPUs this year, then that could be seen as a bonus with this screen. I'd never pay the premium for G-sync, a few hundred quid for that one feature isn't worth it (especially when FreeSync doesn't add much to monitor prices).

Associate
I agree with this choice. IPS panels have all the issues with backlight bleed and all that, so you avoid that with the VA panel which is still a lot better than TN. You even get some HDR for the price. The curved thing is a personal choice and FREESYNC doesn't matter much(I also have a Freesync panel, despite having 980ti). If AMD actually releases good GPUs this year, then that could be seen as a bonus with this screen. I'd never pay the premium for G-sync, a few hundred quid for that one feature isn't worth it (especially when FreeSync doesn't add much to monitor prices).

I actually own this monitor since dec 29th, and yeah it is a step up over my old dell monitor, the colours, contrast and blacks are defiantly better and 144hz makes a big difference over 60hz.

My next buy will be a vega 64 for freesync.

Dan.

Back
Top Bottom