Holidays 2019

Soldato
I've been looking at trying to get a Caribbean cruise in November time but the missus surprised me for Xmas and has got us 3 nights in Toronto and 3 nights in New York beginning of June.

daz

daz

Soldato
Have booked Las Vegas for May - always keep coming back here for some reason. It's a good holiday since there is plenty to do as well as being suitable for lounging around if you feel like that. The pound is not stretching quite so far as it used to though. :(

Soldato
Have booked Las Vegas for May - always keep coming back here for some reason. It's a good holiday since there is plenty to do as well as being suitable for lounging around if you feel like that. The pound is not stretching quite so far as it used to though. :(

Is it warm in May, both times we've been to Vegas it's been beginning of March and it's not that warm so Wynn doesn't have the pool open (although it was open for David Guetta party)

Soldato
Jealous of Rotty and his plethora of yearly holidays. Lucky man.

So far I've got Florida booked for May time.

Will definitely go away on short breaks at least another couple of times. Scotland to see family in August at some point for certain. Wont have annual leave left for anything else.

Soldato
The wife and I are finally going on our honeymoon in September, 2 years after getting married (we were meant to go last year in August but ran into some passport problems on account of her South African heritage eventually forcing us to postpone it to this year)... beyond excited! We're doing:

Vegas -> Death Valley -> Yosemite -> San Francisco -> Monterey -> Santa Barbera -> LA and then 5 days in Jamaica to unwind at the end :)

Caporegime
I would like to hear people's travel tips too as much as where they are going.

i.e. Airport lounges at the airport you went to, pics, rating etc

Packing tips, packing cubes?

Or things like in Lisbon Airport the Passport control is way past customs.

p.s. is it me but I notice when I went on the plane in T3, I got to the gate of the plane before someone asked for my Passport. There doesn't seem to be any immigration control until the air stewards looked at it to check my name to my boarding pass. I got through the first bit with the electronic boarding pass on my phone, customs is just customs and then i am through.

Caporegime
Very much depends on who’s manning the checkpoint, on the day we went back to the south there were a line of hire cars being held on the Cypriot (southbound) side and not being let through.

Yes doable as you say but very risky.

Yeah the GF and her family done it, and got away with it. Personally wouldn't bother risking it, such a weird scenario though.

Caporegime
Yeah the GF and her family done it, and got away with it. Personally wouldn't bother risking it, such a weird scenario though.
Weird indeed, nothing quite like going through a United Nations buffer zone between two otherwise perfectly civilised and friendly countries!

I found the Turkish north of Cyprus as beautiful as the south, much much cheaper for everything and - to my mind whilst there - the one thing that struck me was you would never thought for a moment you were in an Islamic country (albeit in occupied form) - quite frankly Bradford is more islamic than Kyrenia and by some margin.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the North of Cyprus and am very much looking forward to going again. :)

Associate
Kazakhstan in February for a long weekend and then hopefully random city breaks in Europe and finally a Xmas escape to a quiet island somewhere warm and secluded

Soldato
So far I've booked:

Sri Lanka - 2 weeks at the end of Jan
Prague - Easter weekend
Corfu - 1 week in July

Also thinking:

Bruges for the late May bank holiday weekend
Somewhere for the August bank holiday
Japan for 2 weeks in October
Dresden for the Christmas markets in December

Don
OP
Just booked flights to Malaga for the family (Me, Wife, 9 and 5/6yr old) for the summer. will be AirBnB-ing it for accommodation. First time going to Spain for any of us, first time on a foreign summer holiday for the kids (usually do our larger holiday in winter (skiing) or spring). Plan on staying a little inland away from the big coastal tourist centres, but within reach for trips to water parks and suchlike.

Anyone got any must see/must do things in the Malaga/ wider Andalusia area?

Ronda

And if you want an amazing restaurant Bardal

Don
OP
I would like to hear people's travel tips too as much as where they are going.

i.e. Airport lounges at the airport you went to, pics, rating etc

The Virgin lounge at LHR T3 is fabulous, in there on 21st

I have found most of the pay ones much of a muchness. There are some new upscale ones but I only tend to use the ones I can get in on card without paying so a lot of those are excluded

Caporegime
The Virgin lounge at LHR T3 is fabulous, in there on 21st

I have found most of the pay ones much of a muchness. There are some new upscale ones but I only tend to use the ones I can get in on card without paying so a lot of those are excluded

Which card? I’m half tempted to get one of the credit card which gives access instead of paying for Priority Pass.

Soldato
Yeah the Virgin lounge is amazing, love getting to use that when I travel for work :D Don't think you can get in without paying a lot either with cash or miles though.

Caporegime
Weird indeed, nothing quite like going through a United Nations buffer zone between two otherwise perfectly civilised and friendly countries!

I found the Turkish north of Cyprus as beautiful as the south, much much cheaper for everything and - to my mind whilst there - the one thing that struck me was you would never thought for a moment you were in an Islamic country (albeit in occupied form) - quite frankly Bradford is more islamic than Kyrenia and by some margin.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the North of Cyprus and am very much looking forward to going again. :)

If you've not seen it, the mountain behind Nicosia at night is hilarious. Huge Turkish flag, very obnoxiously light up. Can see it for miles.

Don
OP
Yeah the Virgin lounge is amazing, love getting to use that when I travel for work :D Don't think you can get in without paying a lot either with cash or miles though.
Never paid but I've heard 80 quid mentioned but only when they are quiet. Tbh it prob is worth that

A full meal. Spa and drinks can soon make a dent in that amount

Back
Top Bottom