*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
It's hard for me to judge the combat completely as I am coming off playing bloodborne for the first time. In comparison it seems average at best.

I have to disagree.

I've played Dark Souls and Bloodborne. With the difficulty at max, this game is VERY rewarding and cut-throat even compared to Bloodborne/Dark Souls.

FYI every pro user crying about how loud their console is, is it any louder than your PC when its outputting a game at say 4k/60fps.

Mine when playing GOW sounds a tad louder than my PC when its working hardish. I think its not bad for a little box outputting 4k/30fps in a graphically demanding game like GOW AND doing HDR.

Also HDR is magnificent. Its weird how flat normal games on my PC look after playing HDR. I don't think its a game-changer though, eyes quickly adjust back to mediocrity [and 60fps].

Soldato
I have to disagree.

I've played Dark Souls and Bloodborne. With the difficulty at max, this game is VERY rewarding and cut-throat even compared to Bloodborne/Dark Souls.

FYI every pro user crying about how loud their console is, is it any louder than your PC when its outputting a game at say 4k/60fps.

Mine when playing GOW sounds a tad louder than my PC when its working hardish. I think its not bad for a little box outputting 4k/30fps in a graphically demanding game like GOW AND doing HDR.

Also HDR is magnificent. Its weird how flat normal games on my PC look after playing HDR. I don't think its a game-changer though, eyes quickly adjust back to mediocrity [and 60fps].

Hard to compare a playstation to a PC as pc games don't really checkerboard and the componets use much more watts, diffrent brands have diffrent audible levels, hardware uses diffrent software etc. If you compare a Xbox one x to PS4 pro which runs a lot of games native 4k you would notice a major difference the X i much quieter.

The PS4 pro is an impressive bit of hardware regadless I just wish sony paid more attention to cooling rather and formfactor.

V F

V F

Soldato
Hard to compare a playstation to a PC as pc games don't really checkerboard and the componets use much more watts, diffrent brands have diffrent audible levels, hardware uses diffrent software etc. If you compare a Xbox one x to PS4 pro which runs a lot of games native 4k you would notice a major difference the X i much quieter.

The PS4 pro is an impressive bit of hardware regadless I just wish sony paid more attention to cooling rather and formfactor.

Maybe it's intentional? One year warranty right? Have them fail somewhat over time from poor cooling?

Soldato
I would put it down to it being rushed out we have slight revsions of better cooling snice the orignal model.

I've the heard the slight revision stuff is still pretty much BS. I've heard people say its slightly improved at best and there still noisy consoles.

I've heard people on forums described their PS4 Pros and PS4s as "whisper quiet" which make me roflmao as thats pretty much impossible (and maybe concerning that the console just isn't working).

I honestly think apart from when the console revs up due to unlocked frame rate elements (GOW of Map Menu stands out), its just a mixture of environment, sensitivity to sound and finally individual variation and I think its prioritised in that order.

Soldato
Oh yeah the whisper quiet thing is a nonsense, except when playing some indie titles.

My Pro is whisper quiet - when it's on stand-by mode at least :D

My Pro ramps up the noise when it's been playing RDR2 for ages - but even then, on the other side of the living room, it doesn't really bother me - I can just turn up the surround sound if it did.

Soldato
Main reason I have not brought a pro yet my current slim is loud, might just wait until PS5 comes out.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mine is extremely quiet (including playing titles like rdr 2, spiderman and HZD). I've got the rdr 2 bundle version.

Certainly not anywhere as noisy as what people make out.

Far quieter than my PC.

Soldato
Had to strip my launch one down for second time, did fresh thermal paste too.

Prior to that was loud and stuck in a boot loop, since the strip down its now silent and working normally.

As much as I do love ps4 imo the cooling on them is poor and has been since day one

Soldato
I opend up my slim and gave it bit of vacuum and blast with compressed air, I found quiet a bit of dust build up on the fan and the tiny heatsink its made a massive diffrence. It can be cleaned without voiding the warranty btw just take off the top cover you need torx & phillps screw driver.

Back
Top Bottom