What watch do you wear?

Associate
Just seen Christopher Ward have a 30-50% sale on a selection of their watches.

I currently have 4 automatic watches, 2 x Hamtun (H1 and Neon), 1 x Seiko 007 and 1 x Tissot (not sure on model off top of head) and now I think I fancy another brand to add to them, but wondered if CW are worth looking at.
Thanks for posting regarding the sale :)
I've just been looking and like a few of them including the auto c7 rapide
https://www.christopherward.co.uk/events/jansale2019/half-price/c7-rapide-automatic-f33b52
and the c60 diver watches...
https://www.christopherward.co.uk/e...ff-watches/c60-trident-pro-600-vintage-56a9a6
I just wish the titanium ones were in the sale too lol
https://www.christopherward.co.uk/watch/view-all-watches/c60-trident-titanium-pro-600-1-6

I noticed some think that these sale prices are how much these watches should be sold for?

Can anyone name any other small brands to keep an eye out for please? that offer decent value for money, Swiss movements, sapphire glass etc. for around these Christopher ward sale prices £300-£500

Last edited:
Thanks for posting regarding the sale :)
I've just been looking and like a few of them including the auto c7 rapide
https://www.christopherward.co.uk/events/jansale2019/half-price/c7-rapide-automatic-f33b52
and the c60 diver watches... I just wish the titanium ones were in the sale too lol
https://www.christopherward.co.uk/watch/view-all-watches/c60-trident-titanium-pro-600-1-6

Can anyone name any other small UK brands that offer decent value for money, Swiss movements etc.?

Personally for the money I would rather have the Hamilton Khaki Field watch, Swiss Made, 38mm, exhibition window, and 80 hour power reserve!

https://www.johnlewis.com/hamilton-...76dUrsKNXeAHcxoKdv8aAlcBEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Associate
I dunno, it's all personal, but the Hamilton khaki field kinda just looks a bit plain to me with its printed face.. although I do like the khaki pilot aviation one, it's also much more expensive.
https://www.johnlewis.com/hamilton-...rap-watch-silver-black/p3100868?sku=236682695
The 80 hour reserve is good if you like to swap watches. But as this would be my first watch, I expect I'd be wearing it all the time.
The extra power reserve also means a lower beat movement too apparently.

Last edited:
I dunno, it's all personal, but the Hamilton khaki field kinda just looks a bit plain to me with its printed face.. although I did see a pilot one I liked it was also much more expensive.
The 80 hour reserve is good if you like to swap watches. But as this would be my first and only watch, I expect I'd be wearing it all the time.
The extra power reserve also means a lower beat movement too apparently.

That's cool, it's interesting researching, as you say watches are very personal, I'm a fan of the simple look, the lower beat movement isn't particularly a bad thing as it adds to the longevity the watches internals, that being said it obviously lessons the effect of the sweeping movement of the seconds hand.

Soldato
Best bet again is the bay. Search for deployant too btw.

Thanks, I exploited my Amazon Prime trial. This arrived & I fitted it this week @£16~, can't complain though we'll see how it fares.

I might actually fit the deployment to the existing strap...

7fzDDN4m.jpg

Associate
I still can't make my mind up, there's so many styles and choices...
But my price range seems to keep increasing slightly lol

Has anyone seen the Hamilton H64615135 cheaper than £663 I found @ montredo?
Is this a good price for the watch?
Is it true that they're Swatch watches?

Soldato

They're Swatch watches in that they're part of the enormous Swatch group. They aren't rebranded Swatches if that's what you mean.

Soldato

Just noticed you were looking for other small companies around the CW price mark. There is a few year old company called Hamtun who are based in Southampton (I believe) and generally sell via Kickstarter. Their latest is the Nanok and is £280 with a swiss made Sellita SW240-1 movement. I am very happy with the two I have from them.

Associate
They're Swatch watches in that they're part of the enormous Swatch group. They aren't rebranded Swatches if that's what you mean.
Thanks for the clarification :)
I didn't mean to insinuate anything, it was just something I vaguely remember reading a while ago, possibly on HotUKDeals lol

Just noticed you were looking for other small companies around the CW price mark. There is a few year old company called Hamtun who are based in Southampton (I believe) and generally sell via Kickstarter. Their latest is the Nanok and is £280 with a swiss made Sellita SW240-1 movement. I am very happy with the two I have from them.
Thanks. It's a nice, simple looking watch, with a good movement and I like the option to harden the case. But not sure if I might prefer something just slightly larger.

What's a good price for the Hamilton pilot?

I've seen the H64615135 from a seller in Italy on chrono24 for 621
Is chrono24 ok?
or 626 on eBay from a seller in the netherlands

Is there a recommended source?
Will the warranty still be valid if I purchased through eBay or chrono24?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to make sure I get a good watch at a decent price.

Last edited:
Associate

Nice :) I got the "standard" black/grey one, after looking at them all in the flesh. I was severely tempted by the dawn grey one, but thought the standard black would look "fine" with more clothes.

How do you find the original bracelet? The hinge on the diver's extension was digging into my wrist, so I've put it on a green Nato.

Last edited:
Associate
Nice :) I got the "standard" black/grey one, after looking at them all in the flesh. I was severely tempted by the dawn grey one, but thought the standard black would look "fine" with more clothes.

How do you find the original bracelet? The hinge on the diver's extension was digging into my wrist, so I've put it on a green Nato.

I never like the metal bracelets, I took it off instantly really I much prefer Nato's/Zulu's and leather straps, I am tempted to try a Zuludiver rubber strap on it, From the reviews I read on it it seems the extension was digging into someone else's wrist too.

You got a picture of yours? I'd like to see it on a green nato! I may try an Orient Ray2/3 or Bambino next!

Soldato
I never like the metal bracelets, I took it off instantly really I much prefer Nato's/Zulu's and leather straps, I am tempted to try a Zuludiver rubber strap on it, From the reviews I read on it it seems the extension was digging into someone else's wrist too.

You got a picture of yours? I'd like to see it on a green nato! I may try an Orient Ray2/3 or Bambino next!
I've an original titanium Samurai (after not getting on with the Save the Ocean Samurai but without wearing it!) and its diver's extension hinge also digs in. I can't believe they haven't sorted that out.

Back
Top Bottom