Samsung CRG9 49” 5120 x 1440

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Annouched ahead of CES.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...d-monitor-resolution-ur59c-curved-4k-ces-2019

samsungultrawidegamingmonitor-800x533.jpg

Samsung-2019-Monitors_main_2.jpg

The CRG9 is the world’s first high-resolution super ultra-wide gaming monitor with 32:9 aspect ratio. It offers a 120Hz refresh rate with a fast 4ms response time on a 49-inch display that minimizes image lag and motion blur to effortlessly keep up with fast-paced games. Built for a superior gaming experience, the monitor also features AMD Radeon FreeSync™ 2 HDR technology to reduce stutter, screen tearing and input latency to ensure the best possible frame rate and smoothest gaming experience.

Content truly comes alive on the CRG9, with dual QHD resolution (5120×1440) and HDR10 with a peak brightness of 1,000 nits, providing superfine detail in the brightest and the darkest parts of an image. HDR10 delivers outstanding local dimming, and high-contrast HDR offers advanced spectacular highlights not available in non-HDR monitors. The monitor also leverages Samsung’s revolutionary Quantum dot technology for an exceptionally wide range of accurate color reproduction, and a 1,800mm screen curvature and an ultra-wide field of view for complete visibility.

Equivalent to two 27-inch QHD 16:9 monitors placed side-by-side, the 32:9 super ultra-wide screen also provides ultimate multitasking flexibility assisted by PBP (Picture-by-Picture) functionality to allow two video sources to be viewed on the same screen. The CRG9 includes one HDMI port, two Display Ports, USB 3.0 and headphone connectivity options. Samsung also designed the CRG9 with a smaller stand size for convenience and flexibility in every gamer’s space.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hard to avoid side black bars in a lot of content with this thing... which could get annoying. That's A LOT of black in your peripheral. Quite nice for productivity, but even there it's massive overkill. And gaming... mmm... racing games work well in 21:9... 32:9 would be interesting. Will other games actually scale to this?

I do find it amusing (and somewhat annoying) that they're putting HDR10 1000 nit panels in 49" 32:9 monitors (which if isn't niche I don't know what is), yet the vast majority of 16:9 (and even 21:9) is still getting useless HDR 400. The mind boggles. :confused:

Caporegime
Hard to avoid side black bars in a lot of content with this thing...

I tried the 49in, and whilst it was pretty epic it was just far too big. Would rather pull a 34in closer to my face by a couple of inches, which I ended up doing!! The 43in model would be worth checking out, but Samsung forgot that gamers might be interested and didn't include Freesync. D'oh!

Associate
I tried the 49in, and whilst it was pretty epic it was just far too big. Would rather pull a 34in closer to my face by a couple of inches, which I ended up doing!! The 43in model would be worth checking out, but Samsung forgot that gamers might be interested and didn't include Freesync. D'oh!

But the question is.......did LG include Freesync in theirs? (49WL95C) :):)

Soldato
I recently returned my CHG90 as I was waiting on this monitor to be announced. I do wish they’d do a gsync version too, especially as there’s nothing AMD make that could even hope to give acceptable performance at this resolution.

Will be ordering one regardless, as soon as they’re available!

Back
Top Bottom