Coolermaster angled 24 pin power connector and Chinese angled USB 3 connector

Soldato
A while back I suggest that OCUK stock the Cooler Master ATX 24 Pin 90° Adapter With Added Capacitors so as to reduce cable strain. A week or so back I spotted that they were in stock - I'd missed the notification - so I ordered one. It arrived today. Separately I had ordered a 90° USB 3.0 connector from China for the same reason. And @NikTheSHNIK asked for pics, so here they are in packaging:

7yzlMbk.jpg

And out of packaging:

G4GWn5Z.jpg

The build quality of the USB 3 adapter isn't a patch on the Coolermaster but it seems to do the job.

When fitted - the USB 3 connector is the blue bar to the left of the ATX connector.

ns6duH8.jpg

And with the case cover on:

1VGCeAJ.jpg

It's not really noticeable with the cover on, but before the connectors were fitted both cables made great arching U shapes which is not good. These connectors provide strain relief and, in the case of the Coolermaster, an additional level of protection for the motherboard.

There are a couple of negatives: the ATX connector blocks about a third of the LED bar on my Gigabyte motherboard - @GIGA-Man take note - and the USB 3 adapter also blocks some of it. So these are not things you want to fit for RGB blingtasticness, at least on this motherboard. The USB 3 adapter also blocks a socket between the USB socket and the LED bar. I think it's a fan header, which is not in use.

Soldato
I was elated when i found one of the USB3 adapters during a build last year. Complete miracle for tidy cabling. I coloured the blue part with permanent marker to make it less obvious.

Haven't tried the ATX adapter but I'll certainly be getting one for the next build :)

Man of Honour
The USB 3.0 ones are a welcome addition as that big thick connector sticking up doesn't make for a nice tidy build. I got around the 24 pin, 8 pin and 8 pin pci-e connectors by using the excellent Hex Gear cable combs that give you a nice 180 degree bend to keep things really neat. The downside is that they can only be used on individually sleeved cables plus you have to remove the connectors to install them so it takes a while to do. Well worth the time and effort for a very tidy case though.

Back
Top Bottom