Holidays 2019

Caporegime
I get a lounge club card with Amex gold.. Only 2 free with that but me and wife churn the cards so usually have enough

Looking at the Gold Card, first year being free and then £140 per year, does it get you into more lounges than Priorty Pass? The Amex website isn’t too clear on what you can or cannot get into.

Free room upgrade and $75 credit for 2 night stay also sounds good, easy to get that £140 back I think.

Don
OP
Priority Pass marginally more

The Amex is all about the airmiles

If 2 of you can get 60k a year at no cost (half if one of you) and this can be repeated over and over

Soldato
Cancelled our trip to Hawaii in July/August. Took our little one to San Francisco in October when he was 8 months and the 11 hour flight was... Stressful. Done that flight too many times to count but the baby struggled. The idea of doing it again immediately followed by 7 hours to Hawaii is just awful. Will wait till he's bigger.

Got a honeymoon by ourselves we'll enjoy, will pick a destination the week before. Will replace Hawaii with shorter flights to Disneyland Paris or similar to get him used to air travel.

Soldato
Only Copenhagen for 4 nights at the end of Feb booked so far. Will throw in a few Champneys spa breaks probably too.

After buying the house last year we're trying to cut back and build savings again this year. Though might try and get a few weeks in Spain to see my parents.

Soldato
Never paid but I've heard 80 quid mentioned but only when they are quiet. Tbh it prob is worth that

A full meal. Spa and drinks can soon make a dent in that amount

You can pay £80 if you're with someone who qualifies to get in. I've had people ask me if I'd "Sign them in" which i have done before.

What card are you guys talking?

I have the Virgin black card, and I'm earning 5-10k airmiles a month with 190k unused ATM (stupid baby). Obviously I can only redeem with Virgin, are yous all using something else?

Man of Honour
I'm tempted to book Iceland for a week in April with something warmer later in the year.

Trouble is, me and my son both hate very warm weather, right pair the both of us. Last hot holiday, we both were in the villa more than out by the pool :p

Soldato
You can pay £80 if you're with someone who qualifies to get in. I've had people ask me if I'd "Sign them in" which i have done before.

I have the Virgin black card, and I'm earning 5-10k airmiles a month with 190k unused ATM (stupid baby). Obviously I can only redeem with Virgin, are yous all using something else?

Amex Gold

I've been waiting for Curve to support Amex again before i start using one again.

Associate
Trying to decide on a holiday with mates. We're all happy with Spain (cheapish and warm), not looking for clubbing or crazy nightlife. I like the look of Cadiz, but would like a few options as one of us has been there already. Any suggestions welcome!

Don
OP

BA premier plus and churning Amex Gold (the churning is a big earner)

VA black has been discontinued and converted to some crap card, there is a new VA card but it's no good unless you are gold status

Soldato
BA premier plus and churning Amex Gold (the churning is a big earner)

VA black has been discontinued and converted to some crap card, there is a new VA card but it's no good unless you are gold status

I switched from the Black Amex card to the Virgin Black MasterCard and it only gives Airmiles. I'm silver, although not sure I'll maintain that this year. Might look at Amex Gold then.

Associate
A couple of nights in Chester Feb half term.
3 nights in Singapore & then on to Khao Lak for 2 weeks in Easter. I'm a tad worried what my 9 year old will eat as she's stupidly fussy.
2 weeks villa holiday in Fuerteventura for the August summer hols.

Soldato
No holidays booked for me this year but i'm saving for a holidat at the end of September / Early October. Need to find somewhere fairly hot with the odd bit to do and around £600 each all inc. challenges ahead.

Back
Top Bottom