Say you’d won the £115M Euro Millions, would you go public?

Associate
Ok well maybe don't just up and quit with nothing to go to, but if you have that much resentment to your workplace then you should really think about finding something else. Spending 40hrs/week somewhere you hate is never going to be good for you, mentally.

Absolutely agree, was just taking the extreme :D

I'm in a similar place (not quite as bad from the sounds of it mind) and frantically looking for a new role. Not easy to find in my field/close to it with the state of retail in this country currently but will get there.

Caporegime
OP
So they are going to give money to a list of 50 people?

Have they not considered what will happen amongst their friends and associates who realise they are not on that list?

51,52,53etc will soon queue up....

I’m assuming they’ve either received bad advice on this or none at all.

I sincerely hope not but I can’t honestly see this panning out well for them in the short term at least.

Associate

Have they not considered what will happen amongst their friends and associates who realise they are not on that list?

I sincerely hope not but I can’t honestly see this panning out well for them in the short term at least.

This was exactly my thoughts.

Saw an interview they did also (was on the TV in passing in reception so just subtitled) but they said whilst they're helping 50 ppl on a list they have no intentions of creating any millionaires out of it. So add to your point about 51/52/53 etc the 50 who did make the list may feel bitter about not being given as much as they could have been etc.

Soldato
If you feel bitter because a friend gives you free money but doesn't make you a millionaire, then you've got issues and aren't much of a friend.
There's no fighting human nature though. If your closest friend won £115m and gave you £50k and disappeared, it would be human nature to wonder why they didn't want to give you a little more. Afterall, £100k wouldn't have dented their bank balance, nor would £500k. So why didn't they give you more? Do they think that little of you? And if you meet up with them for dinner at a swanky place, will they pay? Should they? If they invite you all on holiday, who pays? If they come over to yours for dinner, how come they only brought a £20 bottle of wine? I mean that's peanuts to them, why didn't they splash out? And why are you cooking for them anyway, when they could have paid for catering? :confused:

All these questions will come out of the woodwork into your brain whether you like it or not..

Man of Honour
There's no fighting human nature though. If your closest friend won £115m and gave you £50k and disappeared, it would be human nature to wonder why they didn't want to give you a little more. Afterall, £100k wouldn't have dented their bank balance, nor would £500k. So why didn't they give you more? Do they think that little of you? And if you meet up with them for dinner at a swanky place, will they pay? Should they? If they invite you all on holiday, who pays? If they come over to yours for dinner, how come they only brought a £20 bottle of wine? I mean that's peanuts to them, why didn't they splash out? And why are you cooking for them anyway, when they could have paid for catering? :confused:

All these questions will come out of the woodwork into your brain whether you like it or not..
Not in a mans mind. You a bird?

Caporegime

Yeah, no, they won't.

Man of Honour
So even though there's plenty of evidence to suggest that people fall out over lottery wins, you just happen to think it's because those people are morons? Or particularly selfish etc? We'll have to agree to disagree, as none of us are in a position to prove otherwise...
Yea, you’re a bird alright.

Gurlfrennnd

(I’m being light hearted, chill)

Caporegime

Yup, it has a massive potential of starting a **** storm to say the least. Their winnings though so they can do what they like.

Caporegime
I wouldn't go public but I think in this day and age it would be difficult for it not to get out.

Just tell people you’ve had some bitcoin for a while... perhaps feign some disappointmemt that you didn’t cash out earlier. No one needs know how much exactly. Perhaps you’re still holding or actively trading some crypto assets. Unlike doing well from say a startup or getting some nice bonuses in finance etc... crypto is rather vague and others can’t really infer just how wealthy you might be.

There are people out there with say 50 million in assets living in large homes next door to people who have mortgages.

It doesn’t cost much of your win to get a big house with some land, a pool, cinema, gamesroom and plenty of garage space.

No one even needs to know about the London crashpad you use when taking the Mrs to West End shows etc... or the big villa on some Caribbean Island.

Caporegime
Just tell people you’ve had some bitcoin for a while... perhaps feign some disappointmemt that you didn’t cash out earlier. No one needs know how much exactly. Perhaps you’re still holding or actively trading some crypto assets. Unlike doing well from say a startup or getting some nice bonuses in finance etc... crypto is rather vague and others can’t really infer just how wealthy you might be.

There are people out there with say 50 million in assets living in large homes next door to people who have mortgages.

It doesn’t cost much of your win to get a big house with some land, a pool, cinema, gamesroom and plenty of garage space.

No one even needs to know about the London crashpad you use when taking the Mrs to West End shows etc... or the big villa on some Caribbean Island.
I’d have a London crashpad right next to the emirates stadium. Would make home games a breeze.

Soldato
I’d have a London crashpad right next to the emirates stadium. Would make home games a breeze.
If I won £115m I'd be stumping up for a 5* hotel suite and a taxi for any nights out in London, to be honest :p If I wanted a crashpad it certainly wouldn't be anywhere near Holloway Rd!

Back
Top Bottom