*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
You are trying to run before you can walk. Just set your right stick to tilts and never do any smashes, and then just play people and copy what you see them doing to you.

Forget all the theory and techniques, they come much later.

My offer is still there to show you the ropes online but I guess you missed that part of my previous post. You also still haven't told me who you play as so I can't give you specific tips and gameplans.

Yes I think you're right.
Yep Ive set right stick to tilt and disabled up for jump.

I missed your offer, thank you for it, I would definitely like to take you up on that perhaps sometime over the weekend (although I am once again a new father with twins!)
Is there audio communication with the Switch or is it via the App on the phone?)

One other question - What is the significance of tilt attacks/makes them different to normal attacks?

Man of Honour
Yes I think you're right.
Yep Ive set right stick to tilt and disabled up for jump.

I missed your offer, thank you for it, I would definitely like to take you up on that perhaps sometime over the weekend (although I am once again a new father with twins!)
Is there audio communication with the Switch or is it via the App on the phone?)

One other question - What is the significance of tilt attacks/makes them different to normal attacks?

I have two kids under two myself so I get it ;)

Smash seems to have a voice option in the lobbies but I just use Whatsapp chat as there is no universal method for voice communication on the switch.

What is a normal attack to you?

There are the following types of attacks using the a button:
Jab: Tap a, on a lot of the cast tap multiple times for a jab chain
Tilt: Tilt gently in a direction and press a. It's hard to avoid doing a smash attack hence setting the right stick to tilts, plus it lets you do directional aerials while moving in a different direction such as a back air while moving forward.
Smash: Smash your stick in a direction and press a.
Aerial: In the air press a, or a direction and a.

Tilt moves are much easier to space to make them safe on block, come out faster than smashes and normally allow combos. An example is fox's up tilt which combos into itself 3 times and then into a follow up aerial.

Smash moves are very slow, very unsafe and do not lead into combos. They are only used a few times in a match when someone makes a big mistake or you do a move that stuns/grounds someone.

Jabs are always safe and can be hit confirmed into more jabs but usually don't do much damage and have few follow up options.

Soldato
Smash could do with its own thread I think. It's dominating this thread.

@Kreeeee is there any chance you'd be willing to do it and stick a few basic tips in the OP? You seem to know what you're doing, moreso than most of us.

Man of Honour
Smash could do with its own thread I think. It's dominating this thread.

@Kreeeee is there any chance you'd be willing to do it and stick a few basic tips in the OP? You seem to know what you're doing, moreso than most of us.

Yeah I'll make a thread tonight at some point, but I'm not too keen on writing a guide when there are much better resources out there for that. I'll make one for matchmaking and asking questions.

Soldato
Yea no games that interest me at the moment. For example there's no proper racing sim like pcars 2 or f1 2018

I don't see sim devs focusing on Switch, there was an interview with the Chief Commercial Officer at Slightly Mad Studios a while back and he stated they had little interest in Switch and mentioned how hardware intensive their games are and had their hands full focusing on other platforms.

Can't say I'm surprised, maybe with how popular the system has become they'll look at it again.

Have you played Gear.Club 1 or 2? Not that highly scored on MetaCritic but might be worth a go?

Associate
I don't see sim devs focusing on Switch, there was an interview with the Chief Commercial Officer at Slightly Mad Studios a while back and he stated they had little interest in Switch and mentioned how hardware intensive their games are and had their hands full focusing on other platforms.

Can't say I'm surprised, maybe with how popular the system has become they'll look at it again.

Have you played Gear.Club 1 or 2? Not that highly scored on MetaCritic but might be worth a go?

Might be worth checking out V-Rally 4, although not a sim its a decent racer/rally game for the Switch :)

Soldato
Bethesda can get DOOM: Eternal running on a Switch, but Slightly Mad can't manage Project Cars because the Switch is too underpowered?

Pull the other one :p

Not worth the effort of scaling it down is something I can buy though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well it's not a game changer by any means just curious. I got my Satisfye slim case today and the grip is outstanding, it makes holding the Switch so much better it cannot be understated. Shame I had to get the red one mind but hey ho.
Just incase anyone hasn't heard of them and finds handheld for long periods uncomfortable: https://satisfye.com/

Soldato
I've picked up Splatoon 2 and it seems great. However, to play online apparently I need to join a team, and I can't do that until I'm level 4. How do I level up if I can't play online?

Edit: don't worry, sussed it

Man of Honour
You can play the basic matches to level up, you just can't join ranked.

I would recommend the campaign if you are new also.

I don't think I've ever played any of the campaign :p

It's a bit of a pain online as the real game doesn't begin until you hit X rank, so you have to go through turf war and then all the basic ranks until you start to get into the meat of the game.

Before X-rank you can just play any random weapon on any level and use any combination of power ups without any thought.

Back
Top Bottom