Hacker group releases '9/11 Papers', says future leaks will 'burn down' US deep state

Soldato
https://www.rt.com/usa/448058-dark-overlord-leaks-11-september/

The Dark Overlord hacker group has released decryption keys for 650 documents it says are related to 9/11. Unless a ransom is paid, it threatened with more leaks that will have devastating consequences for the US ‘deep state’.
The document dump is just a fraction of the 18,000 secret documents related to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks believed to have been stolen from insurers, law firms, and government agencies.
Hacker group threatens to leak 9/11 ‘truth’ unless paid in bitcoin
The Dark Overlord initially threatened to release the 10GB of data unless the hacked firms paid an unspecified bitcoin ransom. However, on Wednesday, the group announced a "tiered compensation plan" in which the public could make bitcoin payments to unlock the troves of documents.

A day later, the Dark Overlord said that it had received more than $12,000 in bitcoin – enough to unlock "layer 1" and several "checkpoints," comprised of 650 documents in total.

There are four more layers that remain encrypted and, according to the group, "each layer contains more secrets, more damaging materials… and generally just more truth."

The hackers are asking for $2 million in bitcoin for the public release of its "megaleak," which it has dubbed "the 9/11 Papers."

The group has also offered to sell the documents to terrorist groups, foreign governments, and media outlets. When RT approached the hackers for comment, they proposed providing the channel exclusive access to the potentially explosive papers – for a price, of course.

Apparently they have other stuff on aliens & UFO's, so what does the hive mind of GD think ?

Some elaborate scam to extort money from conspiracy theorists desperate for any truth to their theories or will the organisations the group are supposedly targeting eventually pay up when more tasty info is leaked ?

Because at the moment all that has been leaked is bureaucratic and legal talk which isn't very interesting to read or really make sense of, it seems to be a lot of files of different groups pointing fingers in trying to claim insurance money from 9/11

Never heard of this group until today but they seem to exist just to get money from people via extortion, I notice another article on Sky about them trying to extort money from celebs by offering their plastic surgery pictures to any one willing to pay so I guess there's some legitimacy in them

Soldato
I thought I read somewhere that these documents are from compromised lawyer companies computer networks? If so then I don't see them revealing any big revelations.

What it will do is give governments an excuse to attempt to regulate bitcoin.

Soldato
This won't "burn down" anything. Even if there is something incriminating the key decision makers from that time will be dead or too old to prosecute. Anybody from now with knowledge will just cite 'national security' or 'ongoing operational reasons' as reasons to say nothing and wait for it to blow over.

The Donald has made bare faced lying a norm of US politics with no consequences.

Soldato
I thought I read somewhere that these documents are from compromised lawyer companies computer networks? If so then I don't see them revealing any big revelations.

What it will do is give governments an excuse to attempt to regulate bitcoin.

If they genuinely have stolen the information, I bet its just boring obvious stuff.

Soldato
RT.com?

giphy.gif

Man of Honour
What I think - if they have something legit they should be able to release enough to backup that claim - there must be some info that checks out that couldn't otherwise have been known by any other means, etc.

Also if there is some sinister conspiracy behind 9/11 then look at the resources they have to pull something like that off - you don't exactly want to go blackmailing a person or organisation with that kind of means.

Soldato
OP

I don't understand this need to act like RT isn't a worthy news source, it's biased sure but it still reports news like every one else who are all also equally as biased towards whatever narrative they wish to push

Maybe Forbes is more legit for you though https://www.forbes.com/sites/kateof...to-leak-sensitive-911-documents/#3e3562da4313

The orgs that were hacked have also confirmed they've been hacked

Bizarre that it's for a ransom, imo. If it really is damaging they'd just release it.

They've stated they don't care about getting truth out or making the world a better place, all they care about and want is money from whoever is willing to pay

Back
Top Bottom