• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Guys, just factor in the AMD effect as well... How many times have we seen AMD balls up when they should be hitting a home run...

Bulldozer = Fail
Fiji = fail at launch
290/X = hot and loud, terrible cooler
Vega = all of the above lol.

Now I owned 4 diff 290's, and currently own a Vega 64 and a Ryzen 1700 and I'm trading up for Navi and Zen2.

But how many times before have we seen AMD fall short recently especially when not seizing opportunity?

I'm hoping and praying AND show something off, however past history shows me AMD nearly always spectacularly balls up something when they have the chance to triumph.

Please God don't let them screw this CES up havaha

Soldato
So if the clock speeds are correct, then they must sure have also improved the infinity fabric clocks. 4000Mhz DDR4 anyone?

Zen+ is already capable of 3200Mhz comfortably. The odd chip can get to 3600Mhz if you are lucky.

Permabanned
Guys, just factor in the AMD effect as well... How many times have we seen AMD balls up when they should be hitting a home run...

Bulldozer = Fail
Fiji = fail at launch
290/X = hot and loud, terrible cooler
Vega = all of the above lol.

Now I owned 4 diff 290's, and currently own a Vega 64 and a Ryzen 1700 and I'm trading up for Navi and Zen2.

But how many times before have we seen AMD fall short recently especially when not seizing opportunity?

I'm hoping and praying AND show something off, however past history shows me AMD nearly always spectacularly balls up something when they have the chance to triumph.

Please God don't let them screw this CES up havaha

But there is also a strength - right now if you are using a Bulldozer, you will have a relatively responsive system thanks to its initial idea to have more but weaker cores.
Also, Fiji is right now more powerful than 980Ti.

Soldato
So if the clock speeds are correct, then they must sure have also improved the infinity fabric clocks. 4000Mhz DDR4 anyone?

Zen+ is already capable of 3200Mhz comfortably. The odd chip can get to 3600Mhz if you are lucky.

My R7 1700 runs just over 3500 memory on a CH6 :D

Last edited:
Associate
Dunno if been posted. But EN sample of 3700X leaked today. But 121 is not the speed

If you multiple the factor from the Russian that posted the CPUs a few days ago (gone now) with 121 then you get 5Ghz. Base is probably 100 x 42 = 4.2Ghz which is the base of 3700X.
But at leak it is 121 that is probably boost. 121x42 = 5Ghz. It can't be random?

zce8Czfh.jpg

Permabanned
H2 is the revision, but it is interesting that Ryzen APUs are revision B0, Ryzen 1000 are revision B1 and Ryzen 2000 are revision B2.
So, what is this revision H2?

The right one: ;)
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...sg=AMD+Ryzen+3000+Series+Reveal&font=sanserif

I don't know why HArdware Unboxed get any credence/airtime on this forum. They have been proven time and time again to be shills and paid for.

Also they are just salty they didn't get the leaks. And they have previous with AdoredTV. They don't get on

Last edited:
Soldato
Had an interesting discussion with a colleague today, about the possibility of the 12/16c AM4 CPU's, his take was that he wasn't sure about them being real but did make an awfully good point that any user that does not require more that 20 PCI-E lanes would indeed benefit hugely from these, and that it would make the HEDT options below 16c from both Intel and AMD practically pointless, but also creates a new market that Intel cannot compete in, the low expansion HCC desktop. Not only that, but we also then considered that the PCI-E 4.0 features would make the Intel HEDT look pointless even if you need more lanes, since your 20x lanes of PCI-E 4.0 could be expanded out into 40x lanes of PCI-E 3.0, making the likes of the 18c 9980XE at $2000 look like an utter farce if they can get a $500-600 + a $300 motherboard that will potentially be faster overall.

Obviously it also creates the market for SHEDT, where 16/24/32/40/48/56/64 cores could be utilised along with the equivalent of 128x PCI-E 3.0 lanes of bandwidth and still not intefere with the EPYC line up which would have the RAM/Lane advantage.

Regarding the 121 figure in that ES. Perhaps it is being over thought. The 8c ES was 010...8.
A logical reading would be 12 12 and 01 08, the last two digits representing core counts, since, ya know, 12 is a 2 digit number. :)

What then is the 01 and 12?

...and 119 x 42 is closer to 5.0GHz than 121 x 42.
Who makes this stuff up?

Edit: some tool is likely to claim that it'll boost to 5.1GHz based off 121 x 42, and others will believe it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
1D1212BGMCWH2
1=ES0
D=Desktop
121=1.21GHz base clock
2=Model Revision Number
BG=105W Pinnacle
M=AM4
C=12C
W=12x512KB L2 + 32MB L3
H2=Stepping (Matisse)

Caporegime
I'd personally prefer more clock speed and more ipc over more cores currently. Just seems with some of the leaks they would be competing with their own threadripper cpu's if the specs were correct.

Back
Top Bottom