Please check build

Associate
Hi,

I'm looking at putting an order in for this build:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
  • 1 x OcUK Tech Labs Coffee Lake Pro Gaming Configurator = £2,571.78
    • Motherboard:Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra Intel Z390 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
    • Processor:Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz (Coffee Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - OEM
    • CPU Cooler:Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO RGB Performance Liquid Cooler - 240mm
    • Memory:Team Group Vulcan T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Grey (TLGD416G30
    • M.2 Solid State Drive **For Operating System If Selected**:Samsung 970 EVO Polaris 500GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive
    • Solid State Drive 1:Unwanted
    • Solid State Drive 2:Unwanted
    • Mechanical Hard Drive 1:Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache - *System Stock*
    • Mechanical Hard Drive 2:Unwanted
    • Optical Drive **Please Check Chassis Support**:Unwanted
    • Power Supply:Seasonic Focus Plus 850W 80 Plus Platinum Modular Power Supply
    • Soundcard:Unwanted
    • Network Adapter:Unwanted
    • Case Lighting:Unwanted
    • Operating System:Microsoft Windows 10 Home Advanced - Systems
    • Security Software:Unwanted
    • Build Time:Standard Build Systems - Dispatched in approx 7 working days
    • Headset:Unwanted
    • Keyboard:Unwanted
    • Mouse:Unwanted
    • Speakers:Unwanted
    • Monitor:Unwanted
    • Gaming Chair:Unwanted
    • Case:Fractal Design Define R6 Midi Tower Case - Black Tempered Glass
    • Graphics:palit GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Pro OC 11264MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    • Graphics 2 (SLI/Crossfire):Unwanted
Total: £2,585.88 (includes shipping: £14.10)​

I think this is very similar to a recent thread, but just wanted to check if anybody can see any issues with this? I don't intend to overclock and the system will stay as is for a long while.

Is this case ok? Have been struggling to pick a case and this seemed to be coming up cheaper than a lot of the other cases so not sure if thats a bad thing.

Will this cooler be ok with the CPU at stock?

Thanks

Associate
Hi,

I'm looking at putting an order in for this build:

• 1 x OcUK Tech Labs Coffee Lake Pro Gaming Configurator = £2,571.78
    • Motherboard:Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra Intel Z390 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
    • Processor:Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz (Coffee Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - OEM
    • CPU Cooler:Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO RGB Performance Liquid Cooler - 240mm
    • Memory:Team Group Vulcan T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Grey (TLGD416G30
    • M.2 Solid State Drive **For Operating System If Selected**:Samsung 970 EVO Polaris 500GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive
    • Solid State Drive 1:Unwanted
    • Solid State Drive 2:Unwanted
    • Mechanical Hard Drive 1:Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache - *System Stock*
    • Mechanical Hard Drive 2:Unwanted
    • Optical Drive **Please Check Chassis Support**:Unwanted
    • Power Supply:Seasonic Focus Plus 850W 80 Plus Platinum Modular Power Supply
    • Soundcard:Unwanted
    • Network Adapter:Unwanted
    • Case Lighting:Unwanted
    • Operating System:Microsoft Windows 10 Home Advanced - Systems
    • Security Software:Unwanted
    • Build Time:Standard Build Systems - Dispatched in approx 7 working days
    • Headset:Unwanted
    • Keyboard:Unwanted
    • Mouse:Unwanted
    • Speakers:Unwanted
    • Monitor:Unwanted
    • Gaming Chair:Unwanted
    • Case:Fractal Design Define R6 Midi Tower Case - Black Tempered Glass
    • Graphics:palit GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Pro OC 11264MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    • Graphics 2 (SLI/Crossfire):Unwanted
Total: £2,585.88 (includes shipping: £14.10)

I think this is very similar to a recent thread, but just wanted to check if anybody can see any issues with this? I don't intend to overclock and the system will stay as is for a long while.

Is this case ok? Have been struggling to pick a case and this seemed to be coming up cheaper than a lot of the other cases so not sure if thats a bad thing.

Will this cooler be ok with the CPU at stock?

Thanks

I would go with a Corsair H150i Pro as if you intend overclocking the 9900K it gets very toasty! Personally if I was spending that much I’d go with better RAM, a good kit is:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-08l-tg.html

Also the Fractal Design R6 is a big ol’ case for your build, it’s really for those who need lots of space for custom watercooling and mechanical drives. I would go with a Lian-Li O11 Dynamic.

Soldato
Hi welcome :)

No need for an SSHD. Just go with a standard HDD for mass storage.

I would rather have a big air cooler like the BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4. Less to go wrong and it should run quieter. If you want liquid then I would go with the Alphacool Eisbaer LT 360mm.

The ram you have is fine. A 3200MHz kit won't really make any difference. Certainly not worth an extra £70.

Associate
OP
Thanks both,

I do like the look of the Lian-Li O11 Dynamic, seeing as this doesn't come with any case fans which ones would you recommend adding?
Also liked the look of the Lian Li Lancool One Digital would this also be a good choice?

Between the Alphacool Eisbaer LT 360mm and the Corsair H150i Pro, which one of these would be the better choice? There is a £65 price difference, is the corsair a lot better or are you just paying for the name and a little bit of RGB?

Also for the Alphacool I noticed the description it says "Pre-filled and easy to refill". I always though a AIO didn't need to be refilled is that not the case?

Thanks again.

Soldato
Thanks both,

I do like the look of the Lian-Li O11 Dynamic, seeing as this doesn't come with any case fans which ones would you recommend adding?
Also liked the look of the Lian Li Lancool One Digital would this also be a good choice?

Between the Alphacool Eisbaer LT 360mm and the Corsair H150i Pro, which one of these would be the better choice? There is a £65 price difference, is the corsair a lot better or are you just paying for the name and a little bit of RGB?

Also for the Alphacool I noticed the description it says "Pre-filled and easy to refill". I always though a AIO didn't need to be refilled is that not the case?

Thanks again.

AIO and CLC are different but of the same thing. pre-filled water unit , but AIO can be broken down, CLC are closed loops

Associate
OP
ok thanks,

Would that mean that the alpha cool will need to be regularly topped up or is that only needed if it gets broken down and upgraded?

Looks like it is out of stock now anyway. Is the H150i Pro the better option for the the i9 or is there a better cooler for the money? I don't intend to overclock.

Think I have got most of the system down now, just want to make sure I get the right cooling and case to go with it.

Soldato
ok thanks,

Would that mean that the alpha cool will need to be regularly topped up or is that only needed if it gets broken down and upgraded?

Looks like it is out of stock now anyway. Is the H150i Pro the better option for the the i9 or is there a better cooler for the money? I don't intend to overclock.

Think I have got most of the system down now, just want to make sure I get the right cooling and case to go with it.

eisbaer wouldn't need filling but you can refill or top up. Unlike corsair or other CLC units both the cold plate and radiator is made from copper, clc normally 100% of the time have aluminum rads, after about 3 years , the liquid inside isn't going to look pretty no matter what its filled with, and water will always slowly evaporate over time etc .

Corsair do use the latest Asetek Pump though, either gen 7/8 but cant remember . If the i9 is going to be clocked at 5ghz all cores then worth a 360 rad or flagship air cooler like Dark Rock Pro 4

also get a case with USB C on there. case will be with you a while and phones and such will all be moving to USB C soon enough etc etc

Soldato
If you are not overclocking the 9900K then a good air cooler would be fine.

Something like this Alpenfohn Brocken 3 has great ram clearance, so if you wanted rgb ram for example like this Gigabyte kit it would still be on show.

Total: £242.68 (includes shipping: £8.70)

If you want top end air then the BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 as I mentioned above is solid. This cooler will cover some of the ram slots though, so you have to be a little bit more careful with ram height.

Associate
OP
ok thanks both,

The RGB stuff doesn't particular bother me, I could take it or leave it.

Going for an air cooler would save me money. Would you say that those air coolers are both better then the H100 I originally chose?

My case choice looks to be between the 011 dynamic and the lancool one. What case fans for the dynamic would you recommend seeing as it doesn't come with any?

Soldato
ok thanks both,

The RGB stuff doesn't particular bother me, I could take it or leave it.

Going for an air cooler would save me money. Would you say that those air coolers are both better then the H100 I originally chose?

My case choice looks to be between the 011 dynamic and the lancool one. What case fans for the dynamic would you recommend seeing as it doesn't come with any?

The Dark Rock Pro 4 is in the same ball park as a 240mm/280mm AIO. The Noctua D15 is probably slightly better still, but they don't have the nicest fan colour so that puts some people off. If Beige doesn't bother you then the D15 would be the one I would go with out of the air coolers. There is also the slightly cheaper D15S which is basically a single fan version of the D15 with better ram clearance.

If you like the Lian-Li 011 case then there is a different version that comes with 5 fans. According to Gamers Nexus review though the front filter is a bit restrictive, so ideally you would want to replace it for a finer mesh filter.

You can read the review here - https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3336-lian-li-o11-air-case-review-benchmarks

Total: £111.65 (includes shipping: £11.70)

Back
Top Bottom