Up to £800 budget for new gaming PC without GFX card

Associate
Hi

I have an old Core i7 920 system that is now on its last legs, so looking to upgrade to an all new system.

I have up to £800 and do not need a monitor (Dell U2410), mouse, KB or graphics card (have a GTX1060 6GB). But would need new case as mine is an old Alienware Aurora case with custom mobo that does not take standard mobo's. I would like a full size case as I have several HDDs to fit, but would like a SSD for boot device.

I would prefer an intel option, but willing to look at AMD if that is the best option these days.

I mostly play shooters and open world games, but Warhammer TW2 is my current game and the ridiculous load times have pushed me to upgrading sooner rather than later

Looking forward to recommendations - and happy to build myself

Thank you

Man of Honour
ridiculous load times have pushed me to upgrading sooner rather than later
probably because your game is on a bog standard hdd rather than an ssd, and is a reflection of this, rather than the computer actually being "slow"
if you're happy with the performance of your i7 920 (possibly? lol), then you could just upgrade to an ssd first, then see if you're happy with the performance, rather than splashing out £800 right away.

Associate
OP
Thank you for that - I should have said, I have a 256 SSD currently but because of my mobo is only running at half speed, but wanted a newer larger one, and will give my old one to my sister.

And although I said I preferred Intel, I have just read about the Ryzen chip, and am sold. So thank you. I am going to go ahead with a purchase in the next couple of days. Exactly what I was looking for :)

Man of Honour
Thank you for that - I should have said, I have a 256 SSD currently but because of my mobo is only running at half speed, but wanted a newer larger one, and will give my old one to my sister
Ah fair enough. Yeah the old platform only has sata 2 speeds.

I've specced a 512gb ssd, so it'll be a nice boost in size.
And although I said I preferred Intel
Intel 9700k will be another £150-200 on top of the above ryzen spec

I wouldn't recommend getting the 9600k. It's terrible value in comparison to the ryzen 2700/x

Back
Top Bottom