Universim

Man of Honour
https://theuniversim.com/

EQp-Buow-VUAEZ7-RI.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
A windstorm arrived so my people had to take shelter. So then the harvest failed, then they emerged into winter and everything had frozen - that went well :p

This will be great once they add the space/colonisation element.

Associate
Was completely unaware of this game until this morning, now really fancy it, only thing preventing me from clicking that buy button is the fact its early access, generally i stay away from early access games until its in a state where its nearing completion and most bugs have been sorted.,

Man of Honour
OP
Was completely unaware of this game until this morning, now really fancy it, only thing preventing me from clicking that buy button is the fact its early access, generally i stay away from early access games until its in a state where its nearing completion and most bugs have been sorted.,

Only very few minor bugs so far. The problem is more the fact that you can’t really progress much further than medieval/modern society at the moment. What is there works well. For me there just isn’t a modern game like this anymore, so it scratches an itch!

Soldato
I noticed this game some time ago and definitely interested, but not until it's completed and out of early access.

Man of Honour
OP
I pledged this on Kickstarter 4 years ago and have not tried it since, has it progressed well? :)

It is worth checking out, especially the link above. It is taken time, but really seems to have picked up pace more recently.

The only word of caution I would put out there is that you will lose your saves once the game updates (currently monthly).

I think this post really summed it up for me on Steam:

The game still has quite a long way to go, content-wise.
What we've got so far is pretty good, and I feel like its the start of something that 'might' turn into a really, really great game in the future.

At the moment though.. eh, it feels more like they're still trying to get the basic stuff working right.
Crashes and freezes and all sorts of odd little bugs poking up. The 'alpha' part in the title isn't lying.

Thankfully though, the devs are listening. Quite literally. You can meet n' greet them personally on the discord, and they all seem to be really trying their best to work through all the bug reports and things.
The team working on this game is pretty small, but you can really tell theres some actual love being poured into it.
The music, the weather, the odd little sense of humor in some of the text. It makes me smile.

Is it worth the $30?
Eh, for me? Sure. I can honestly say that I think i've got about $30 worth of enjoyment out of it so far.
Like I said, the base game, what we've got at the moment, is pretty good stuff.
The little nuggs build thier own homes, go about thier own business, and its up to you to keep them fed and watered and relativley safe.
Then later, you get this building that tries its best to take some of the micro-managing stuff off your hands, which seems like a pretty neat idea (when it actually works).

I like what they're going for here, and i'm really looking forward to the future of the game.

Soldato
It has been on my wishlist for ages but I don't buy into early access unfinished games so will be waiting until it's complete.

Same for me. I came very close to buying it over Christmas however I hadn't realised that not all of the content was in yet (which is fine and understandable for early access) however it meant I didn't want to buy in just yet.

It will definitely be a buy for me at some point down the line, will be keeping my eye on it closely.

Back
Top Bottom