The FA CUP Third Round ** Spoilers ** [4th - 7th January 2019]

Soldato
Lukaku looks like such a donkey sometimes.
Only sometimes? The amount of times he’s almost tripped over the ball in this game is just hilarious.

Agree on McTominay too. He’s just so dull to watch. It’s probably why Mourinho loved him.

Looking forward to seeing Chong play more though :)

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Only sometimes? The amount of times he’s almost tripled over the ball in this game is just hilarious.

Agree on McTominay too. He’s just so dull to watch. It’s probably why Mourinho loved him.

Looking forward to seeing Chong play more though :)

Only tuned in for about 15 minutes in the second half but Chong looked super nervous. Did he settle down?

Soldato
Chong showed some good stuff but he also looked pretty nervous. Unfortunately his best move Lukaku mucked up a simple pass through to him.
Yeah it was a little disappointing, but there were flashes. The hair was magnificent and the pubescent tash reminded me of my youth :D

Soldato
Pereira is just a Brazilibelgian Tom Cleverley, him and McTominay are barely championship standard. Fred not exactly doing much to show why anyone would pay £5m for him let alone £50m.
I thought Pereira did ok today. I agree that McTominay really offers little prospect. I'm pretty cynical about Sanchez, I thought he lost interest about 15 mins before he asked to be subbed. He cut a forlorn figure. If we could get anything at all for him I'd cut the losses and the wage bill. Fred=Fud. He made one decent pass the whole game but didn't look at the pace of the match for much of the time he was on. In my eyes he was poorer than both young midfielders. I agree with the sentiment about Lukaku - donkey is the only apt description for much of his play. If he was bought to ape Drogba then he isn't a patch on him.

A win with a much changed side but not a lot of promise shown by the second tier. Tbf its often the case . I should just mention that Darmian actually played decent at CB today. Looked better than Jones!

Associate
Pereira improved some what in the second half, but I just think he's already hit his ceiling. He hasn't played a great deal to be fair to him, but I just see so many parallels with someone like Cleverley who never really progressed. There was a joke tweet on twitter by one of the betting websites saying "Sunderland fans getting a look at their future midfield of Fred, Pereira and McTominay today" and it probably isn't that far off based on their performances today/Fred+McTominay over time.

Agreed on Sanchez, once a good player but it isn't working and probably never will - offload him and spend the wages elsewhere. He's frustratingly greedy more often than not as well, could have played Young in down the wing a few times today and instead chopped inside and ended up passing it back to Jones or McTominay.

Associate
Surely the Arsenal players can just get off the bus and get on with the match?

Ahh NVM, just seen the protest happened at the team's hotel, not the ground

Back
Top Bottom