Black Mirror: Bandersnatch - Season 5

Associate
So Oliver Frey made two new Crash magazine covers for the episode.. (as I have nearly all the original copies of Crash magazine in my attic and I didn't recognise that one)

olifreycover.jpg

As well as..

fbnd.jpg

Booted up FUSE and tried out the game - you forget how simple and addictive Zx Spectrum games were. Love it!

nd.jpg

Soldato
Tried this last night... What a load of tosh. The plot was boring, and the choices ultimately made no difference; on more than one occasion it forced us back to a pivotal scene where there was only one correct choice.

If you're on the fence, don't bother.

Caporegime
Tried this last night... What a load of tosh. The plot was boring, and the choices ultimately made no difference; on more than one occasion it forced us back to a pivotal scene where there was only one correct choice.

The choices make loads of difference :confused:

Don

No difference :confused: There are at least 7 different endings, all completely different from each other.

Soldato

I thought the same, the choices were the main gimmick but the actual storyline wasn't a patch on some of the other Black Mirror episodes.

Soldato
how do you get to different endings? watch it again and choose different options?

so far Ive seen the fight with his shrink and his dad, then the experiment scene with his mother, then it looped back to his father being buried and a dog finding the body and it finishes with him in prison getting a 2.5 rating from the consumer program on tv. how do I get other endings?

Caporegime
how do you get to different endings? watch it again and choose different options?

so far Ive seen the fight with his shrink and his dad, then the experiment scene with his mother, then it looped back to his father being buried and a dog finding the body and it finishes with him in prison getting a 2.5 rating from the consumer program on tv. how do I get other endings?

That's the endings I got, albeit in the different order
(Buried/Prison/2.5 first, then the Netflix ending with the crazy fight)

After that it just starts from the beginning :(

Soldato
Was very apprehensive about this (as a massive BM fan, but wasn't sure about this modern choose your own path adaptation), but ended up really enjoying it. Especially with the meta Netflix jokes in the middle :D

They UI was super smooth and the 10 second countdown to make your choice while the previous scene still played out made for a great and smooth uninterrupted viewing experience.

I thoroughly read and studied the entire map that was posted earlier after my single play through and I reckon it might have changed slightly, as it feels like I missed a chunk (unless I missed a choice when I went to the loo!) But what the map doesn't show is endings that put you back in the game, vs ones that properly end the show.

I ended up with a really good long enough show, but with an ending that felt a little weak, with no opportunity to try another option, which felt weird after lots of restarts or additional chances in the rest of the playthrough.

Because of the interactive UI you have no option to skip forward and backwards via specific selection points in scenes on the computer besides the new 10 second forward and backward buttons.

All in all a great and fun addition to the BM series, with a great implementation. I wish there was an easier way to experience the additional endings though, as after looking at the map I think I missed some good stuff that I'd like to watch, but don't fancy rewatching the whole show just to see.

If in doubt (like I was), check it out. Love the old school London scenes too. I remember reading about them filming in Croydon earlier this year, was so cool to see those scenes come to fruition on screen :)

Man of Honour
Didn’t like it tbh. Story wasn’t on par with other black mirror episodes, found the dead ends confusing. Impressed with the smooth transitions and acting though.

Associate
Doesn't work on my Samsung though its probably pre-2015. The Minecraft one seemed to work though my daughter was watching it a couple of months ago.

I remember the original Psyclapse/Bandersnatch hype but I wasn't a fan of Imagine games back then being an Ultimate fan-boi so I was rather pleased when it all went belly-up.

Soldato
OP
Watched it last night finally and got a few different endings with making the 'wrong' choices. Finally got an ending that I was happy with and after checking youtube there was only 2 or 3 I didn't see myself.

Back
Top Bottom