Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
Will anyone actually be able to get the new GT4 anyway? Unless you’re a lifelong Porsche buyer? Or were they actually slapped on the wrist for the shenanigans previously?

They're still doing the same thing, nothing changed with that. I will 100% have a build slot, and very early, but now I'm not sure if I will take it. I'll await the full release of the regular roadgoing GT4, but this is looking like a tuned 3.8 that's in the current model.

Soldato
1298220-718-gt4-photo334.jpg

Info for the car below:

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/pro...miere-new-718-cayman-gt4-clubsport-16733.html

that matt finish looks fantastic especially with the yellow, it actually looks better than gloss

Associate
Hel, was my new account i created when i couldnt get into this account...
However, being told Goodwood release, hopefully cars starting to be delivered August onwards.

Though with everything, until the actual car is here in the flesh... who can say. Excited anyway!!

OcUK Staff
OP
So a tuned version of the 3.8 I already have :(

Makes the jump to the new one much less interesting for me. Might just hold onto mine...

Looks good though and for those who have been loooking at current GT4 values can certainly see those plummeting a little now that the next GT4 is also NA.

Associate
Hopefully the new car likes being revved out and the GPF doesnt muffle the sound too much. It's my only real 'fear' per say. Either way will be another massively capable car at its price point.

Soldato
Looks good though and for those who have been loooking at current GT4 values can certainly see those plummeting a little now that the next GT4 is also NA.

I wouldn’t be so sure actually. If this is simply a minor evolution, and is going to come with a price increase, I can’t see it making huge differences to the prior model prices.

Soldato
Contemplating changing my Cayman S to this one: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201811182528999

Mine is essentially the same with slightly lower mileage but lacks PDK, Xenon with PDLS, and PASM. Are these things worth it?

What’s the cost to change? I think @mikeh501 ’s suggestion of a 981 upgrade is correct. I would not “upgrade” to another 987 just for xenon headlights! Is your current car a facelift? Stick with what you’ve got until a 981 upgrade is feasible. The importance of options on Porsche sports cars is highly overblown if you actually plan to drive the thing!

Also, do you really want an automatic? Is your current car a manual?

Soldato
What’s the cost to change? I think @mikeh501 ’s suggestion of a 981 upgrade is correct. I would not “upgrade” to another 987 just for xenon headlights! Is your current car a facelift? Stick with what you’ve got until a 981 upgrade is feasible. The importance of options on Porsche sports cars is highly overblown if you actually plan to drive the thing!

Also, do you really want an automatic? Is your current car a manual?

Yup, manual 987.2. It's my daily so I was curious if PASM would help on the comfort side and Xenons when I'm driving at night. I'd need to enquire how much it would be but I actually got my own car from that dealership so I expect they'd value my car far less to make a profit... The ideal situation would be to get a 981 but they're still at least 10k+ on top of my car, for the 3.4L anyway.

Soldato
PASM firms up the dampers. You could argue that the PASM “off” setting on a PASM car is softer than standard but it seems a bit silly to upgrade to adjustable dampers for it to be turned off as the difference will be tiny. I never have it switched on on my 997.1. The cost to change would be a suspension refresh I would think and there is much argument in 997 circles about upgraded DSC modules and doing away with Porsche standard settings anyway. An added danger with the higher mileage car is that it’s closer to needing a suspension refresh over your car which will add expense.

I don’t know if there’s a HID upgrade kit for the 987 but it’s be worth looking into rather than changing the whole car.

A manual 987.2 is a fine thing and I would hold tight in your situation.

Soldato
PASM firms up the dampers. You could argue that the PASM “off” setting on a PASM car is softer than standard...

That's along the lines of what I was thinking but as you say it's probably not worth it. Thanks for the advice, I'll keep hold of it for now. It would make more sense to spend the money on my own car than getting into something unknown.

Back
Top Bottom