• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
ha :D

The problem with the cpu is its not really fair as its probably down to single core speeds more then it should be.
In a more distributed task that might be a great CPU for all I know but with games far too often its leaning on just 1 core. Hence how the word throttle pops up with 8 cores somehow

I also swapped from 8 core to 6 for that reason though my 8 core was very slim line well made 50w only, high core use needs perfect segmentation of the workload and games are uneven. Would like to find a game that perfectly soaks up all the cores and put them to useful work in a game. GTA5 really isnt bad engine for multi core, might be a couple more. Arma is awful, havent tried the latest Dayz version of that engine so i hope they moved it on as a giant landscape surely should like cores

Permabanned
Ok thank you for the info I figured my CPU would be up to the task at hand considering the power it has but I wondered about the RAM and Mo-Bo Here Is my User Benchmark With no overclocking
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13514969
And here is the very best I could get out of it.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13161897
Technically this is the best overall
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13160788

Have you done a bio's change?

:D

Permabanned
I thought I'd do a quick userbench as it's been a while & I don't think I've ever done it with my current 2700x rig.

UserBenchmarks: Game 127%, Desk 147%, Work 141%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X - 106.7%
GPU: AMD RX Vega 64 - 137.4%
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB - 279.6%
SSD: Intel SSDPEKNW010T8 1TB - 175%
SSD: Kingston SHFS37A480G 480GB - 59.1%
SSD: Samsung 840 250GB - 72.3%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB - 98.4%
RAM: Team Group Inc. TEAMGROUP-UD4-3200 2x8GB - 105.2%
MBD: Asus PRIME X470-PRO

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Would like to find a game that perfectly soaks up all the cores and put them to useful work in a game. GTA5 really isnt bad engine for multi core, might be a couple more. Arma is awful, havent tried the latest Dayz version of that engine so i hope they moved it on as a giant landscape surely should like cores

BF4 was good for it and I tried Mass Effect: Andromeda which ran very well.

Soldato
Bit of a noob question. I know 0.05% of what you guys do!

Just ordered a Sapphire Vega 64 for my rig (bottom of the post).

My question - videos seem to show there being 3 x 8pin power connectors. Do you use all three (separate cables to the PSU) or just two?

....and yes I will overclock my CPU with this card :)

- Asus Z170-A Intel Z170 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
- Intel Core i5-6600K 3.9GHz (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail - STOCK. Corsair closed loop watercooler.
-Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B32
-Samsung PM961 Polaris 128GB M.2-2880 PCI-e 3.0 x 4 NVMe Solid State Drive
- Sapphire AMD RX480 Nitro+ 8 GB GDDR5 Memory Polaris FinFET DX 12 Vulkan FreeSync PCI-Express Graphics Card
- EVGA SuperNova G2 750W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply
- Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4K

Associate
Bit of a noob question. I know 0.05% of what you guys do!

Just ordered a Sapphire Vega 64 for my rig (bottom of the post).

My question - videos seem to show there being 3 x 8pin power connectors. Do you use all three (separate cables to the PSU) or just two?

....and yes I will overclock my CPU with this card :)

- Asus Z170-A Intel Z170 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
- Intel Core i5-6600K 3.9GHz (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail - STOCK. Corsair closed loop watercooler.
-Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B32
-Samsung PM961 Polaris 128GB M.2-2880 PCI-e 3.0 x 4 NVMe Solid State Drive
- Sapphire AMD RX480 Nitro+ 8 GB GDDR5 Memory Polaris FinFET DX 12 Vulkan FreeSync PCI-Express Graphics Card
- EVGA SuperNova G2 750W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply
- Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4K

It's only the limited edition that used 3 x 8pin power connectors, if you bought the card from overclockers it's the normal edition which has 2 x 8 pin power connectors and I would use a separate cable for each plug.

Soldato
It's only the limited edition that used 3 x 8pin power connectors, if you bought the card from overclockers it's the normal edition which has 2 x 8 pin power connectors and I would use a separate cable for each plug.

Ahhh yes I see that now you say it. Was a LTD edition video

Associate
I'm looking to swap my AIB Vega 64 for a reference so itlli fit in my ITX case (thread in the wanted section on MM if anyone's interested).

Just wondering what noise levels on the reference are like at idle or watching movies/YouTube?

Associate
Hi folks, just a quickie... How do I claim the free games that came with my Red Devil?

I'm sure it's not hard, but I'm being incredibly thick at the moment... Can't remember seeing anything in the box, and AMD website is just confusing me!

Associate
I'm wondering if someone could clarify something for me.
The HBM voltage in Wattman isn't actually anything to do with the HBM, rather it's the lower voltage limit for the core? and that the HBM voltage can't actually be changed (it's set in the cards BIOS)?

@DoneADougalOnSofa I received an email from Overclockers regarding the free games, check your email.

Associate
I'm wondering if someone could clarify something for me.
The HBM voltage in Wattman isn't actually anything to do with the HBM, rather it's the lower voltage limit for the core? and that the HBM voltage can't actually be changed (it's set in the cards BIOS)?

@DoneADougalOnSofa I received an email from Overclockers regarding the free games, check your email.

Yeah, having a rummage now. Just been on the AMD forums!

Soldato
I'm looking to swap my AIB Vega 64 for a reference so itlli fit in my ITX case (thread in the wanted section on MM if anyone's interested).

Just wondering what noise levels on the reference are like at idle or watching movies/YouTube?

Silent using the stock fan profile, the gpu will only use around 15w so it won't need to ramp the fans up.

Associate

I'd be interested but where do I find the wanted section in MM?

The noise levels at idle or watching movies is fine and I have the Sapphire reference card.

Back
Top Bottom