New NSX - anyone driven one?

Soldato
Hi all,

The "new" NSX is on my hit list of cars currently and I've yet to track down one locally to get a test drive in.

Prices are dropping quickly atm which is good news for buyers but it seems the entry level supercar market is taking a pounding overall tbh.

There are few for sale and most are down London way or on SOR so not very test drive friendly.

I need to set aside a weekend and get to London really to visit Chiswick Honda but in the meantime I thought I'd ask motors what the experiences with it have been like, if any?

Man of Honour
There was one in the showroom at Honda Wolverhampton, though they struggled when I wanted to sit in it to find the keys, though to be fair they did let me blast around in the Civic Type R. Serious buyer would be able to road test it, lovely colour combination too (metallic dark red). Give them a call and see if they still have it, but be careful where you buy as these are heading to below 100K this year.

Soldato
OP
There was one in the showroom at Honda Wolverhampton, though they struggled when I wanted to sit in it to find the keys, though to be fair they did let me blast around in the Civic Type R. Serious buyer would be able to road test it, lovely colour combination too (metallic dark red). Give them a call and see if they still have it, but be careful where you buy as these are heading to below 100K this year.

Had an eye of these (among others) for the last 3 months or so, can really see them becoming sub £100K cars soon.

Wolverhampton would be a great shout, not that far from me.

OcUK Staff
Love the way they look and they are losing money fast, already knocking on door at 100k and like Housey says can see them going under, maybe as low as 80k.

Certainly a super rare car, something I’ll test drive but I can’t see myself in one too much of a side step from an SVR, but if I’d not had the SVR one of these would be mega tempting.

Guess the question it boils down to is it special enough of a car at this money a car needs to evoke some serious emotion and not necessarily about the performance.

SVR, R8 and NSX are all super fast, stunning cars but they are all missing that element of been truly special like a proper super car like a Lambo or Ferrari.

However Nath your young, so if you got something like a Huracan now then where do you go from there, apart from Performante.

My dream car right now is Performante but at 200k it’s stretching my new car budget by some and then some, lol. Hoping and praying they drop to 170k levels but after that I can’t see any car that could eclipse a Performante.

On the flip side your young and well you should enjoy life mate so just buy the Performante and give everyone the bird. :D

Man of Honour
I have to say the NSX in Wolverhampton Honda looked magnificent, though as I said I never got inside it as no one could find the keys.

OcUK Staff
I'd probably point out that nsx sales have been disasterously low.

If 2019 resembles 2018 they will probably pull it by 2020.

To be honest for anyone buying one such low sales would be an incredible thing as it somewhat guarantees future value if you buy at the right moment.

Basically the same is happening as what happened to the original NSX, so anyone who buys a car for investment buying one of these at bottom wherever that might be probably sometime late next year would probably turn a good profit in a few years.

Those not looking to turn a profit it’s still a good car if you like rarity, it’s not a bad car it’s pretty much every bit as good as a 911 Turbo it’s just the left field choice.

Caporegime
To be honest for anyone buying one such low sales would be an incredible thing as it somewhat guarantees future value if you buy at the right moment.

Basically the same is happening as what happened to the original NSX, so anyone who buys a car for investment buying one of these at bottom wherever that might be probably sometime late next year would probably turn a good profit in a few years.

Those not looking to turn a profit it’s still a good car if you like rarity, it’s not a bad car it’s pretty much every bit as good as a 911 Turbo it’s just the left field choice.

Maybe in some months last year only 1 was sold across the entire of Europe!

OcUK Staff
Maybe in some months last year only 1 was sold across the entire of Europe!

Such low sales I only see as a positive thing, its an epic car and Honda reliability, it simply does not sell because of the price and the badge. But now they are 100k they are quite attractive and at some point the rarity factor will kick in even more so if volume ends at which point prices will firm up.

If I did not own the SVR, I would be very tempted by one of these for sure.

Soldato
Low sales are not a good thing when they’ve already produced the cars. What will happen is they will eventually fire sale all the cars that are taking up valuable floor space, likely with huge manufacturer incentives. Anyone who paid anywhere near normal price will be stuffed.

On topic - I’ve driven one, and felt it was overpriced for what you get. Excellent car, interesting engine, but interior isn’t even close to what I’d expect in a car of this ilk.

Caporegime
Such low sales I only see as a positive thing, its an epic car and Honda reliability, it simply does not sell because of the price and the badge. But now they are 100k they are quite attractive and at some point the rarity factor will kick in even more so if volume ends at which point prices will firm up.

If I did not own the SVR, I would be very tempted by one of these for sure.

I know what you're saying but Honda totally lost the entire ethos of the NSX making a 1700kg car to replace one they fought to get to 1200kg.

I know that's how cars are going but the sales figures show they should have.gone simple, light and cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom