• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Yeah the funny thing is that 18.12.2 warns about a beta 18.12.3, while the beta 18.12.3 warns there's a software update in the form of 18.12.2 ....

And some people want to tell you that's a design choice not a bug.
Lol.

Read what it says lol its not rocket science.
If you are using Driver 18.12.2 you will get a pop up saying an new "Optional" driver is available 18.12.3
If you running 18.12.3 you get a notification a new recommend driver is available 18.12.2 WHQL

New recommended driver for 18.12.2
New optional driver 18.12.3

AMD website
Radeon Software
Revision Number
Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.3 Optional
File Size
326 MB
Release Date
12/19/2018

VS

Radeon Software
Revision Number
Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2
File Size
327 MB
Release Date
12/13/2018

IF you do not like the pop up that happens for like one second when you boot into windows simply turn off the notification about updates!

Edit
And just FYI this only ever happens like this, when they is a WHQL driver available. That driver will always be recommend over the beta branch.

Associate
I didn't see a general AMD thread so figured this is the next best thing. Is it recommended to overide, enhance or use application settings for AA and anisotropic filtering? I have always just used application in the past but I have been away from PC gaming for about 5 years so am not sure what the best advise is with latest tech/drivers.

Soldato
I didn't see a general AMD thread so figured this is the next best thing. Is it recommended to overide, enhance or use application settings for AA and anisotropic filtering? I have always just used application in the past but I have been away from PC gaming for about 5 years so am not sure what the best advise is with latest tech/drivers.

I have always left mine default. I have never tested the difference though.

Associate
Yeah the funny thing is that 18.12.2 warns about a beta 18.12.3, while the beta 18.12.3 warns there's a software update in the form of 18.12.2 ....

And some people want to tell you that's a design choice not a bug.
Lol.

Didn't used to do this when Betas and WHQL available whatever choice you made , its very very very very very very annoying.

Did i mention its very very annoying ?

Associate
Read what it says lol its not rocket science.

Oh I understand what it's doing, but the notifications are still annoying. I prefer to not turn off notifications globally (in case there's a newer driver I should know about) and I think it's silly to repeatedly tell me there's an older WHQL when I specifically opted in to install the beta that came right after that.

What would be lovely is to have an option to "do not notify me about this particular version any more", though I guess we won't be getting that.

Soldato
Mainly a bug fixing driver.

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 Highlights
Support For

• Fortnite™
    • Up to 4% faster performance in Fortnite (Season 7) using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.3 at 1920x1080 (1080p). RS-282
    • Up to 3% faster performance in Fortnite (Season 7) using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.3 at 1920x1080 (1080p). RS-283
Fixed Issues
  • Virtual Super Resolution may not show up as available on some 1440p Ultra-Wide Displays.
  • Some Radeon RX Series graphics products may experience system lag when Alt+Tab is used during gameplay.
  • Radeon Settings Advisor may incorrectly suggest older versions of Radeon Software as an update.
  • Radeon Settings software update notifications may appear more often than expected.
  • Application profile settings for Radeon WattMan may not reset to default correctly when using the reset button.
  • Radeon Settings may experience a crash when clicking the restart button after a driver installation or while switching between some Radeon WattMan tabs when changing fan settings.
  • Zero RPM control may fail to enable correctly when toggled on/off in Radeon Settings.
  • Radeon ReLive gallery upload queue may sometimes fail to upload videos.
  • Radeon Settings may sometimes incorrectly display the previously installed Radeon Software version after upgrade.
  • Custom color profile options may fail to retain in game on clone or Eyefinity display setups.
  • Performance metrics overlay feature may scale incorrectly when changing resolution in game.
  • Screen tearing may be observed with Enhanced Sync enabled on Vulkan API games.
  • Some systems running multiple displays may experience mouse lag when at least one display is enabled but powered off.
  • Upgrade Advisor may intermittently fail to detect games and provide compatibility recommendations.
Known Issues
  • Battlefield™ V players may experience character outlines stuck on screen after being revived.
  • Uninstalling Radeon Software may fail to remove Radeon Settings.
  • Pixel Format settings may not retain after system restart.
  • HDMI Underscan settings may not retain after system restart.
  • Radeon Overlay’s new in overlay video player may experience smoothness issues while adjusting the playback slider.
  • Scene Editor may have issues with scrolling when many elements are added to a scene.
  • Custom settings in Radeon WattMan may sometimes fail to apply on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
Footnotes

• Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of January 7th, 2019 on the 8GB Radeon™ RX 580, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700k CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With epic preset settings on Fortnite (Season 7) at 1920x1080, Radeon™ RX 580 scored 74.0 FPS with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.3, whereas the Radeon™ RX 580 scored 76.7 FPS with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1. Comparing software versions, Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 has 4% faster performance in Fortnite. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-282
  • Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of January 7th, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon™ RX Vega 64, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700k CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With epic preset settings on Fornite at 1920x1080, Radeon™ RX Vega 64 scored 115.1 FPS with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.3, whereas the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 scored 118.5 FPS with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1. Comparing software versions, Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 has 3% faster performance in Fortnite. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-283
Package Contents
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 Driver Version 18.50.11.01 (Windows Driver Store Version 25.20.15011.1004)
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.

The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-1-1

Soldato
Fixed Issues said:
Some Radeon RX Series graphics products may experience system lag when Alt+Tab is used during gameplay.
Zero RPM control may fail to enable correctly when toggled on/off in Radeon Settings.
Lovely jubbly. Although I hope they fixed the actual crashing, not just lag of alt-tabbing.

Known Issues said:
Custom settings in Radeon WattMan may sometimes fail to apply on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
OK at least they acknowledge that one.

Zero rpm still not working on Nitro 64 with custom curve
Aww man, really? :(

Soldato
Can AMD provide a website that has a collection of all it's Freesync 2 monitors along with it's driver releases? I've been eying them but there is no collective place to compile all the different types from different manufactures. Until Nvidia supported FS, in a slide at CES where I 1st saw there was a list. lol

Soldato
Fixed Issues
  • Virtual Super Resolution may not show up as available on some 1440p Ultra-Wide Displays.

Finally able to do VSR on my Ultrawide :D

Can AMD provide a website that has a collection of all it's Freesync 2 monitors along with it's driver releases? I've been eying them but there is no collective place to compile all the different types from different manufactures. Until Nvidia supported FS, in a slide at CES where I 1st saw there was a list. lol

They've had one up for ages that gets added to all the time, Select Freesync 2 at the side to filter out the monitors.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors

Back
Top Bottom