SAS: Who Dares Wins - C4

Caporegime
SAS: Who Dares wins is on channel 4 tonight

Women are on the show for the first time, and they are saying in the adverts that gender will play no role in selection.

Worth a watch IMO

Soldato
SAS: Who Dares wins is on channel 4 tonight

Women are on the show for the first time, and they are saying in the adverts that gender will play no role in selection.

Worth a watch IMO

I have no doubt that there are plenty of women mentally tough enough for SF duties. Mentally tough women who can meet the same physical requirements as men might be harder to find.

Personally, I wouldn’t pass the entrance tests for the Catering Corps.

Associate
Sorry but some things are just way too PC. Genetically a female cannot do a mans job. A man can be a beast and a women cannot. Yes you get some strong women but compare Olympic sports and you can see a clear difference. The SAS is an elite membership. I envision them sat in the arctic one day then hauling trees in a jungle the next and I cannot see many women being on par amd that isn't sexist.

By all means have a woman do a job they're perfectly capable of, don't look for a female to fill PC critera may the best person fill the role, but in regards to the SAS I don't think its a womans place. Will they get offended if someone has to go pee next to them cause they're female?

Man of Honour
Sorry but some things are just way too PC. Genetically a female cannot do a mans job. A man can be a beast and a women cannot. Yes you get some strong women but compare Olympic sports and you can see a clear difference. The SAS is an elite membership. I envision them sat in the arctic one day then hauling trees in a jungle the next and I cannot see many women being on par amd that isn't sexist.

By all means have a woman do a job they're perfectly capable of, don't look for a female to fill PC critera may the best person fill the role, but in regards to the SAS I don't think its a womans place. Will they get offended if someone has to go pee next to them cause they're female?
As long as they don't water anything down due to the opening up of the role to females then it doesn't matter, if everyone can pass the same selection then they're all as tough/bat**** mental as each other.

Anyway, really enjoyed the first episode looks like it'll be an interesting series. I've just finished reading Foxy's book the other day which really goes into just how bad his mental problems that he's mentioned in earlier series were.

Soldato
Rooting for Mark #6 to do well in this. He's a relation of my gf's family and met him a couple of times, thoroughly decent bloke who deserves to do well!

Last edited:
Associate
I have no doubt that there are plenty of women mentally tough enough for SF duties. Mentally tough women who can meet the same physical requirements as men might be harder to find.

Personally, I wouldn’t pass the entrance tests for the Catering Corps.
Nobody has ever passed the entrance test for the Catering Corps, as it involves being able to cook a decent meal.

Soldato
Was surprised by no1 going from leader on day 1 to suddenly at the back the next day. Hopefully the firefighter can stick it out generally the ones who shine in early episodes end up not finishing the full show.

Back
Top Bottom