*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
I haven't played an MGS game since the very first one before getting Phantom Pain. So my strongest advice would be the read up on the back story, including what happened in Ground Zero. I think without doing this you'd be pretty confused for the first hour or two as to what on earth is going on.

I haven’t played MGS since PS2. Still really enjoyed it, and the story.

Associate
I bought it earlier at £7.99, it still shows at that price in the Christmas sale section even though it's now £9.99 when you click through to its page. As it seems to be in the sale still, might be worth checking back later?

Soldato
I see what you mean, i'll take another look later but no doubt i'll pick it up either way as i'm currently working my way through The Old Blood after completing The New Order which I found to be fantastic.

Soldato
Wow, that is a good price. I was wondering whether to hold out for a good deal on the Deluxe Edition, anyone know if the the season pass is worth it?

I'm having terrible issues getting this game to run. I've tried every fix I can find, and it just crashes to desktop constantly. Incredibly frustrating as I absolutely loved the first two, but I can't even begin the first mission.

It might be that I'm running 21:9, but it's a default resolution. The game was known for being a crashy mess at launch, but updates and GPU drivers are meant to have resolved this.

Associate
I'm having terrible issues getting this game to run. I've tried every fix I can find, and it just crashes to desktop constantly. Incredibly frustrating as I absolutely loved the first two, but I can't even begin the first mission.

It might be that I'm running 21:9, but it's a default resolution. The game was known for being a crashy mess at launch, but updates and GPU drivers are meant to have resolved this.

That sucks, I played it though about 6 months ago, didn't get a single crash. Vega 64 and 6700k

Soldato
That sucks, I played it though about 6 months ago, didn't get a single crash. Vega 64 and 6700k

8700K and 1080, maybe it’s the card, it’s an AMD oriented game. Or maybe it’s my overclocked, they’re rock solid in everything, but I’ll load a less aggressive profile and see if it helps. Thanks for the input man.

Back
Top Bottom