Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
The M2 is not a pretty car from that angle!
Found a front-on shot which is the best angle for Beemers!

I do like the little rear wheel arches on it, kind of a baby M4 but not overweight like the 6 series.
dirty wheels as well.
There is often mud on the roads and er the edges of circuits unfortunately :p :D
Nice car.... Shame about the stripes.
Admit I wasn't a fan at first but I got the brakes done cheap in return for a bit of marketing love, they are a love hate thing!

Soldato
I managed to get a passenger ride in a work mates M235i (remapped stage 1 so hitting 400bhp or there abouts). In terms of how quick it is, it feels the same as the M2. But the exhaust and sound is just so muted compared to the M2. The M2 vs M235i is like night and day difference imo, as of course the M2 has the m3/m4 brakes, suspension, wider tyres, looks etc.

Is it worth twice the price on the used market, its hard to say but I am definitely happy with my choice.

Man of Honour
Sounds good with the remap, the reviews I saw of the 235i just say it would be great with more power! Once the M2 gets going it really is quite pokey. But not in a "I'm gonna kill you" kinda way.

I considered a 235i cup car but not as cheap as I thought (60k ish?) and I kinda like the look of the M2 plus it's a hoot to drive on twisty back roads.

OcUK Staff
Be interested in your comparison between the M2 / M2 CP and E92 M3. I have read that the M2 is the replacements for the E46 M3 in a few places.

It is for sure the closest car BMW have made for sometime to be what was the great E46 M3, M2 CP would certainly be my choice, but at 50k I'd just buy a CSL every time, simply for the noise.

Man of Honour
Bending a rental at the Ring is not good. Also if you’re new rent something small and light and learn the flow. Pace at the Ring comes from getting to flow right. A big powerful car is going to get tired if you don’t know it well (braking too hard) and risky if you don’t know the flow or are seasoned on tracks.

Last time I went one of my mates rented a Suzuki Swift. He is fast, experienced and a race winner. He raced in the big BTCC Ginettas, Britcar, MX5’s and endurance in various cars internationally. He found the limits of the Swift in half a lap but found it useful to follow another mate who is a ring hand with over 400 laps there to learn the flow. Front car was a McLaren and he stuck the Swift to its tail (the McLaren wasn’t flat out) and was into low 9’s after a couple of laps in a Swift. He paid around 2k I think for that and the excess was I think 10k..on a Swift!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Real shame.... Missing out.

Great place.... Dangerous but still great.

Just couldn't bring myself to risk smashing my car up. There are so many idiots on the track, as well as people going crazy fast, bikers, cars dropping oil, crappy road surfaces, etc... I'd love to go round in the ring taxi though! That might be the closest I get. Unless I buy a disposable hot hatch to thrash round and then sell if it survives. :p

Back
Top Bottom