BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
I had them changed fairly recently.

I think it adjusts based on your driving style. I'm very easy on the brakes.

I've never seen the reading that high, it resets to about 50k after fresh pads. It shouldn't really adjust, which is why it's so crap and useless as an indicator :D

I think the car is too cheap personally, it has a trade value of only just under your asking price and a retail value of almost 16k. Obviously you can't expect retail for a private sale but it should be worth more than trade money.

Soldato
Is the auto gearbox in the e60 lci 535d better than the one in the lci 335d? From my research it seems the one in the lci 335d is the same as the prelci e60 auto gearbox?

Man of Honour
Is the auto gearbox in the e60 lci 535d better than the one in the lci 335d? From my research it seems the one in the lci 335d is the same as the prelci e60 auto gearbox?

It's largely the same box but it lacks the electronic shifter functionality that it has in the E60 as the E60 got the second gen model.

Soldato
New G20 3er has an ebrake like g30 5er. F30 is just old...

E89 Z4 is a generation older and has an electronic handbrake. It always struck me as odd the 3 series was introduced without one. The X3 has one too and it's the same platform and older.

Drove my sons Golf GTI manual which has the e-brake and although it was a bit disconcerting at first in that I didn't trust it, once I got used to it I wondered why all cars don't come with it. Bit of a moot point for my 3 which is an auto but am definitely a fan, until it goes wrong and roll back into the car behind :D

Soldato
I don’t have an f10 but know someone who keeps getting this error.

Check the fuse first, its somewhere in the rear iirc.

If you turn the wheel lock to lock a few times it should recalibrate and so long as there’s no other issue it should behave itself.

Evening, so I've located the fuse box in the boot on the right and according to the card and this link the parking assist is 8, 134 I've checked location 134 it looks fine, I've gone lock to lock a few times but the issue still persists :( unless I'm reading the fuse board or pictures incorrectly, can someone confirm please :)

Caporegime
Evening, so I've located the fuse box in the boot on the right and according to the card and this link the parking assist is 8, 134 I've checked location 134 it looks fine, I've gone lock to lock a few times but the issue still persists :( unless I'm reading the fuse board or pictures incorrectly, can someone confirm please :)
I’ve asked him earlier about this and he said try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes before doing the lock to lock recalibration, if it’s still playing up then unfortunately it looks like you need further investigation.

Man of Honour
None of this random stuff is going to fix it. The message has appeared because the system has thrown a fault code, likely the control unit as the sensors tend to just either display all or nothing when they fail rather than flagging a code.

Never heard of fixing a pdc fault by putting the steering on full lock.

Back
Top Bottom