Holidays 2019

Soldato
BA premier plus and churning Amex Gold (the churning is a big earner)

VA black has been discontinued and converted to some crap card, there is a new VA card but it's no good unless you are gold status

I thought they had clamped down on churning? Is it still allowed on the gold card?

Soldato
No holidays booked for me this year but i'm saving for a holidat at the end of September / Early October. Need to find somewhere fairly hot with the odd bit to do and around £600 each all inc. challenges ahead.

Canary Islands?

I'm off to Edinburgh for four days in April, then have a 7 day cruise in May around France and Spain. Probably do something else in August or maybe October. But my GF is a teacher so it makes makes awkward and expensive.

Don
OP
I switched from the Black Amex card to the Virgin Black MasterCard and it only gives Airmiles. I'm silver, although not sure I'll maintain that this year. Might look at Amex Gold then.

I assume you mean the Virgin Atlantic reward + , I have that too but the upgrade voucher is rubbish compared to the old one

Soldato
No holidays booked for me this year but i'm saving for a holidat at the end of September / Early October. Need to find somewhere fairly hot with the odd bit to do and around £600 each all inc. challenges ahead.
Cyprus is perfect that time of year, the busy season has passed but its still red hot.

Associate
So far got the following booked.

Feb - Amsterdam
May - Barcelona (F1)
May- Philippines, Hong Kong, Macau and Thailand
September - Benidorm

Permabanned
Trying to decide on a holiday with mates. We're all happy with Spain (cheapish and warm), not looking for clubbing or crazy nightlife. I like the look of Cadiz, but would like a few options as one of us has been there already. Any suggestions welcome!

Tarifa down the coast is great if you like water sports.

dod

dod

Soldato
Not sure yet, depends on what I'm left with after the divorce :rolleyes:
I'll have a week with my mate in Spain at his place in the hills though, maybe a city break or two for birthdays and the like.

Soldato
So far I've booked:

Sri Lanka - 2 weeks at the end of Jan
Prague - Easter weekend
Corfu - 1 week in July

Also thinking:

Bruges for the late May bank holiday weekend
Somewhere for the August bank holiday
Japan for 2 weeks in October
Dresden for the Christmas markets in December

Sri Lanka, great place, lost count of the number of buddhist Temples we visited. We got a guide for the duration of our stay and he took us to where we wanted to go. There is some amazing sites to see, loved all the colonial buildings.
Stayed at Negombo when we went.

Soldato
Going to Disneyworld towards the end of the year but trying to book a holiday for March. Everyone keeps telling me that Dubai is really good for toddlers. What's everyone's opinion? It's never been somewhere I've wanted to go but my wife will be 6 months pregnant so she will most likely want to lie down and do nothing so if there's loads of things for kids to do there I'd consider it. Is Jumeriah beach or the palm a good location? I have a relative that lives on the palm so I'd like to meet up with him at some point.

Man of Honour
Busy year...

* Jan - currently in Algeria
* Mar - NZ, French Polynesia and Pitcairn Island
* April - Slovenia
* May - Monaco and Lichtenstein
* June - Faroes and Iceland
* July - El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Belize and Cancun
* August/September - Beijing, North Korea, run a golf tournament in Pyongyang, Rugby world cup in Japan
* November - Mali, Senegal, Mauritania, W.Sahara
* New year's - Yakutsk, Oymyakon and Magadan, Siberia

Caporegime
Busy year...

* Jan - currently in Algeria
* Mar - NZ, French Polynesia and Pitcairn Island
* April - Slovenia
* May - Monaco and Lichtenstein
* June - Faroes and Iceland
* July - El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Belize and Cancun
* August/September - Beijing, North Korea, run a golf tournament in Pyongyang, Rugby world cup in Japan
* November - Mali, Senegal, Mauritania, W.Sahara
* New year's - Yakutsk, Oymyakon and Magadan, Siberia

/envy....

Do you travel for living?

Back
Top Bottom