The GTR is dead! Long live the cryptolambo!

OcUK Staff
The cleaning additives for one, and also the recommended for 2008+ gallardos is 98+ ron, it can run 95 ron on an emergency, though I dont know if thats just because they were preparing the manual for the LP engines or what, because pre 2008 95 was fine.

Or maybe they had some issues with cars running 95 causing knock, its an older car chances are its ECU my not have such advanced knock control and knock sensors. E46 M3 for example can knock or ping whichever you prefer on low quality fuel.

Any high revving engine, also put the best fuel you can find in it, so Vpower99 or Tesco99, not saying 95 would damage it but I put the best in all my cars, even the Clio, for several reasons:

1. Makes me feel good
2. Cleaning additives
3. More power and knock prevention.

Soldato
As before, was just generally interested in why you do; have a mate who worked for Schlumberger, and gave me an in-depth explanation as to where the premium fuels in the UK came from, what all the numbers meant etc and found it quite interesting.

Saw your post about using it, so thought I'd see why that may have been :)

Soldato
I went from Vpower to Momentum 99 in my Focus ST which is tuned for 99 ron. The only thing I found was that if you don't drive the car much, momentum 99 seems to lose its pep. Where as vpower doesn't.

The car performs the same using either of those, when you fill up.

Associate
Strangely I always find that v-power losses octane rating if the vehicle is sat for a period of time. When fresh v-power was added the car always felt very aggressive/responsive and powerful
Tesco 99 seems to lose octane very slightly if the car has sat for a while. When I fill up with T99 it never feels as raw as vpower.
Could well be a placebo effect.
1/4 mile times/speed have always been on par with each other.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Went out today in mildly damp conditions.

Yup these pzeros are going. Mps4s ordered :D

i.php

Back
Top Bottom