The GTR is dead! Long live the cryptolambo!

OcUK Staff
Not particularly no, the steering feel in particular is actually quite a bit heavier than the GTR.

Maybe hydraulic steering? Guess what is most important is if you can feel the road and grip levels via the steering or not, if its hydraulic it should be not bad, if its powered its probably rather numb.

Man of Honour
Considerably...

235/35 R19 - £140 each

295/30 R19 - £230 each
27995535768_1d0f1ed36c_h.jpg

Went 305 over 295 at last change, both approved Audi specs for my car.

Man of Honour
Not particularly no, the steering feel in particular is actually quite a bit heavier than the GTR.
Not surprised, modern cars all tend to be too light but might also be worth getting the geo checked if you have not done so already. Set up can easily throw out on cars like yours, work getting it checked.

Soldato
Wow, now that is cheap for tyres, wish I could get the standard PS4 that cheap.

They're £280-320 each for the 20s on the X5, silly SUV scene tax bad aids.

Loving the car BTW, still looks as fantastic and angular as ever. You just need your private plate on it and some non gloss black wheels :p

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Went 305 over 295 at last change, both approved Audi specs for my car.

Yea, I think there can be upto 4% rolling difference on the gallardo, will double check and possibly upsize the rears.

Loving the car BTW, still looks as fantastic and angular as ever. You just need your private plate on it and some non gloss black wheels :p

Private plate will go on soon as the V5 turns up.

Agreed on the wheels.

Just sayin

Yea, am going to go for a silver or grey over black.

OcUK Staff
Grey works too, just gloss black not my thing, my SVR came with gloss black wheels, they were changed to grey pretty rapidly and now I've got diamond cut, I've had all three SVR wheel designs on my car. :D

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
So far I have converted the best part of £150 worth of dinosaurs into such lovely noises.

On the way back today had to pass under a motorway, as I pulled into the right lane and downshifted a guy in a van wound his window down in the left lane... the car absolutely SCREAMS.

Pretty dirty now, but the bright color hides it well :D

i.php

Man of Honour
Such an epic car! What an achievement as well, having a Lambo at 30!

That interior is lovely. Other than the headlights looking a bit dated, the car has aged really well. Looks brilliant and the right colour too!

Soldato
Epic but I couldn't leave it on the front like that constantly would worry but that's just me. I had a garage built for my DB9

Depends on the area really.

As long as you have decent security in place (cctv, house alarm, tracker, disk lock etc) I can't see it being an issue.

Especially if you don't live on a main street. No one is going to be passing who isn't local rather than the car getting spotted whilst travelling through.

In a perfect world a gate & garage would be ideal, or another car to block it in. Depends how far you wanna go.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Depends on the area really.

As long as you have decent security in place (cctv, house alarm, tracker, disk lock etc) I can't see it being an issue.

Especially if you don't live on a main street. No one is going to be passing who isn't local rather than the car getting spotted whilst travelling through.

In a perfect world a gate & garage would be ideal, or another car to block it in. Depends how far you wanna go.

Exactly this.

1) Its covered by 2 CCTV cameras at different angles, the moment anyone walks past the fencing into our driveway view, bang theyre on CCTV.
2) It gets blocked in by another car each night.
3) It's a good area.
4) Our road has people working all hours of the day, so theres usually someone around.
5) We are tucked up the far corner of our estate so anyone dodgy looking will be noticed long before they get to our road.
6) Our house security is top notch.

In the 25 odd years we have lived here, I can recall of only half a dozen incidents on the estate, usually kids trying doorhandles to see if any are unlocked, the last time I spotted one on camera and rang the guy at the bottom of the road, we both went out and collared the kid who broke down in tears when the five-0 turned up to cart him off (this was at around 4 in the morning).

Back
Top Bottom