Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Just couldn't bring myself to risk smashing my car up. There are so many idiots on the track, as well as people going crazy fast, bikers, cars dropping oil, crappy road surfaces, etc... I'd love to go round in the ring taxi though! That might be the closest I get. Unless I buy a disposable hot hatch to thrash round and then sell if it survives. :p

Civic type r

Soldato
Yes definitely got the ring taxi lap on the cards when I go.

Last year when we rented a golf GTI over two days, I took out the insurance policy to cover us for the weekend, driving on track and took out the extra Armco cover.

If it’s your first time probably best to go on track either late evening or early in the morning when it’s more quiet and it goes without saying - go easy.

I imagine a lot of people don’t bother taking out track day insurance for it but for us it was worth it for the piece of mind.

Worth noting though that if you write the car off in a accident you have to pay the full whack of excess (I think nearly £20k on the golf GTI - with the company we rented from), upfront straight away and then go through the insurance claim to get your money back. How strict they are on this if you have taken out 3rd party insurance I’m not sure.

Man of Honour
Just do a good track day in something cheap, wouldn't bother with TF unless you're only going for a few laps of fun or can go at a quiet time, or are pretty confident and can avoid the nutters :D

Soldato
Sorry for the
Parking it seemingly isn't so easy. How'd you spanner up the massive space?!

Don’t ask, the salesman said to park there. I was conscious of kerbs and their car. I wouldn’t normally park this way.

Great looking car!!!

Many thanks the gen 2 is crazy different compared to my first gen 1 it’s another league

Looks epic that mate, big step up over the GTR, enjoy! :)

Thanks, I know you but you don’t know me I don’t have a gtr :) never have

Box's what though?!

Sorry just option boxes. It’s a nicely ticked car. I can’t belive but even cruise control was still a extra in these

Soldato
@Regy53 - are these all automatic these days?

I really hope you’re keeping the plate!

Yes r tronic iirc, lightening fast I think the best gearbox I have ever driven. I had a manual v10 last year but after having that for a bit the manual does get a little laboured and you soon miss using paddles imo

I know a gated v10 manual is a dream for most and it really does make it a drivers car I suppose if you use it for any length of time I found myself bored of changing gear in trafffic etc

Soldato
Just couldn't bring myself to risk smashing my car up. There are so many idiots on the track, as well as people going crazy fast, bikers, cars dropping oil, crappy road surfaces, etc... I'd love to go round in the ring taxi though! That might be the closest I get. Unless I buy a disposable hot hatch to thrash round and then sell if it survives. :p

Sign up to a trackday then. Far fewer people on track and a way more relaxed experience.

Also get yourself out in a ring tax. I've been out in two so far. An e9* and F80 M3. It's amazing what a well tuned (suspension) car and experienced driver can do around that track!

Back
Top Bottom