Huel: The Future of Food ..

Man of Honour
Just ordered some to have for breakfast and lunch, dinner I will continue to cook (chicken, veg etc). I've put on 5kg in the past few months from basically eating crap in the canteen at work.

Soldato
Got my first delivery coming today.

Ramping up my climbing training to proper try-hard levels in the new year, so mainly using as a means to quickly and easily get properly nourished before and after training sessions. Plus to fill the afternoon snack gap with something more healthy than the usual bakery visit.

Soldato
Well, the bags are bigger and heavier than I expected! Tried the mint-chocolate....pretty decent actually. I prefer oatmilk to dairy anyway and the taste is kinda similar...like an oat smoothie.

Soldato
Ha love this:

"Only £2.51 per bottle"

Yeah, I'm good ta kthnxbi
To be fair my average daily spend on food at work is probably £1.50 for breakfast and £3.50 for lunch so wouldn't be saving money but probably more healthy.

My issue isn't what I eat for breakfast and lunch but what else I chuck down my throat during the day and after dinner at home. Really need to stop the crisps and sugary snacks.

Soldato
Pretty happy with the routine so far. Working out every day, either climbing or antagonist/core training at home.

2 scoops of the coffee flavour for breakfast.

2 scoops of vanilla or mint choc in the afternoon around 3-4pm.

1 scoop of vanilla at 10pm.

Been feeling strong on the climbing wall, definitely an improvement over trying to run on cake fuel :D

Soldato
I have decided to jump on the Huel bandwagon after sitting on the sidelines for quite some time. Getting married in August and really want to lose some weight but also want to change my relationship with food and I think this is the way to do it. Only one way to find out!

I am going to get the Vanilla, Mint-chocolate and Coffee flavours as they appeal to me most. Any reason not to get any of these flavours?

Soldato
I have decided to jump on the Huel bandwagon after sitting on the sidelines for quite some time. Getting married in August and really want to lose some weight but also want to change my relationship with food and I think this is the way to do it. Only one way to find out!

I am going to get the Vanilla, Mint-chocolate and Coffee flavours as they appeal to me most. Any reason not to get any of these flavours?
Do you want a referral?
Berry is my favourite, followed by new vanilla.

Soldato
Maybe he's not completely replacing food? I'm actually ordered a few bags myself, very busy at the moment so better to have this round the house than ending up getting junk food.

Soldato
Yeah once I'm back at university end of this month may just replace my lunch with this (bought 4 different flavours to try). There's actually a good choice of healthy options as campus is in Central Newcastle but you can't beat this for speed, convenience and price.

Associate
What's the new mint-choc like? I currently have 2 scoops per serving (1xUU and 1xvanilla) so would be good to get a 3rd flavour.

Problem is I'm quite sensitive to sweetener and can't have 2 scoop of vanilla due to the aftertaste (and really don't get on with the flavour sachets). Is there any worse sweetener aftertaste with mint-choc?

Back
Top Bottom