AfD MP hospitalised. Attempted murder.

Soldato
There's a pretty graphic image in the RT.com story so I'm posting the BBC article in this which crops the photo slightly even though I don't consider the BBC's reporting to be as fair on this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46792556

AfD MP was attacked by three masked assailants and is currently in hospital in a serious condition. Having read the details and seen the image, this is unquestionably attempted murder / assassination. He's likely only alive because a nearby construction worker intervened.

Soldato
There seems to be an escalation of attacks of the AfD recently. It was only last week I was reading that a bomb was detonated outside one of their regional offices and the police were concerned because someone could have died.

Soldato
OP
There seems to be an escalation of attacks of the AfD recently. It was only last week I was reading that a bomb was detonated outside one of their regional offices and the police were concerned because someone could have died.

Correct. It smashed up the front of the office and damaged two vans parked outside, and also started a fire, but nobody appears to have been caught in the blast. Three men were arrested but then released due to lack of evidence. No further arrests for it so far as I could find.

Caporegime
Do you know this to be true?

No, the police said they suspect it was politically motivated though.

They didn't say whom, likely it was someone diametrically opposed to them but really it could be anyone he's upset - inc somebody on the right.

Best to wait for official announcements rather than speculate. Heinous attack though.

Soldato
OP
Oh, I see. Many thanks for your helpful post, an easy +1 post count increase.

Because your post added so much information to the thread? Clearly robfosters thinks it would be positive for AfD to do well. That wasn't hard to discern. A constructive reply from you would have been to say why that is or isn't the case. Not a snippy expression of mock disbelief that someone should say such a thing.

Back
Top Bottom