Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Caporegime
Is there a way to disable to hands free access boot that comes with the Premium Plus pack? It's very handy but if i'm going to a hand car wash I think I'd like to make sure it's disabled in case it accidentally gets triggered by the person cleaning the car.

Soldato
Is there a way to disable to hands free access boot that comes with the Premium Plus pack? It's very handy but if i'm going to a hand car wash I think I'd like to make sure it's disabled in case it accidentally gets triggered by the person cleaning the car.

You have to literally be standing next to the boot with the key for it to work with our car, you should try it when the key is in the front to see if it activates, it shouldn't

Caporegime
I think it's from more of a 'not wanting a car full of water' aspect or inconveniencing the person washing it than a security thing.

Exactly that

You have to literally be standing next to the boot with the key for it to work with our car, you should try it when the key is in the front to see if it activates, it shouldn't

Thanks, I'll try it out.

Associate
Anyone with any experience as to how long brake pads and discs should last on a C43? Car is in for a software update today and I'm now being told the rear pads and discs are on the limit and need replacing at a cost of £450. Car has only done 16k miles and most of the last 4k (my ownership) have been commuting in heavy traffic at sub 30mph, so no hard braking.

This is my first AMG but I've never had to replace pads or discs on any of my previous cars (mostly hot hatches), even at 40k+ miles.

Associate
My thoughts exactly. They tried the hard sell with "both pads and discs are on the limit" etc etc but I've noticed no brake fade and had no warning lights come up. As said above, I don't drive it hard. If it hadn't been in for a simple software fault today, I would have been none the wiser.

I've told them I'll get a local indie to check it for me and replace if necessary. A £450 bill is not what I was expecting today.

Soldato
That's standard stealerships for you isn't it?

We were told that some belts needed changing on my wife's car about 1.5 - 2 years ago, had them looked over by an indy twice in that time and they've said they're still good.

Man of Honour
Any people interested in the new A35 AMG? Looks an interesting addition to the market.

Wasn't a big fan of the new A Class initially but with the sporty bits on it looks good, and the interior is class leading especially with all of the options.

Shame the AMG seats have gone from the A45 but they aren't really the most comfortable.

hLN7Msk.jpg

Associate
Any people interested in the new A35 AMG? Looks an interesting addition to the market.

Wasn't a big fan of the new A Class initially but with the sporty bits on it looks good, and the interior is class leading especially with all of the options.

Shame the AMG seats have gone from the A45 but they aren't really the most comfortable.

hLN7Msk.jpg
Count me interested , I’m awaiting for my dealer to get me in for a test drive. I won’t be getting it in Yellow mind. Either denim blue or White.

I would like it almost max specced but it is looking about £45K before any discounts.

Man of Honour
Yeah, with the premium plus and aero packs it's pushing £45k, which is too much I think. Wants to be under 40 ideally.

I'm sure there will be offers on it though, it's aimed squarely at the S3/140i/GolfR market.

Watching videos, it sounds really good, lacks the ballistic power of the A45, but is probably better at everything else and still not lacking in performance at all.

Associate
If my dealer can work his magic and get it to around £38-39K mark with the specs I want, I might bite, otherwise I’ll stick to my R for a bit longer.

Obviously need a proper test drive 1st. The last A Class I drove was the A250 that was also a test drive about 4 ish years ago and I’m sure it can’t compare.

Back
Top Bottom