Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm sure it's been discussed but doesn't anyone use those hand-wash places where you drive in and sit there whilst they pressure wash, and then get out and watch whilst they do the interior?

I'm sure they are frowned upon by people who spend 2-3 hours washing and waxing their cars, but it's not practical where I am (don't have an outside tap on the rented house, for a start). I've been using them for years and never had issues.

This is like coming into a healthy eating thread and talking about how you’ve enjoyed eating greasy donners for the past few years.

Soldato
I'm sure it's been discussed but doesn't anyone use those hand-wash places where you drive in and sit there whilst they pressure wash, and then get out and watch whilst they do the interior?

I'm sure they are frowned upon by people who spend 2-3 hours washing and waxing their cars, but it's not practical where I am (don't have an outside tap on the rented house, for a start). I've been using them for years and never had issues.
Please leave now :)

Soldato
Where's the best place to get hold of good quality, soft microfiber cloths and towels?

I've always used microfibres of course, but just tended to pick them up at local DIY stores, etc. They do the job fine, but I can't help thinking that they might be a little coarse for bodywork - for instance, I have a "waffle weave" cloth for glass that I picked up in Halfords which feels much softer.

I was going to splash out on some decent quality soft ones...any suggestions of what to look for specifically, or where to get them from?

Soldato
Where's the best place to get hold of good quality, soft microfiber cloths and towels?

I've always used microfibres of course, but just tended to pick them up at local DIY stores, etc. They do the job fine, but I can't help thinking that they might be a little coarse for bodywork - for instance, I have a "waffle weave" cloth for glass that I picked up in Halfords which feels much softer.

I was going to splash out on some decent quality soft ones...any suggestions of what to look for specifically, or where to get them from?

I buy Kent microfiber from Amazon, probably not the best, but I have seen people on here recommend https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=towel

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

I have these and they are very soft and plush.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/eurow-shag-pile-double-density-towels

Soldato
I have 3/4 of the CleanYourCar Huge 'Fluffy' Drying Towel
1 of the Chemical Guys Miracle Dryer
1 of the Monster Microfibre towels.

The Monster towel is thick and soaks up very well but no matter how many times i wash the damn thing it's terrible for body work. It catches and leaves lint everywhere.

The CG Miracle Dryer is lovely and thick (not as thick as the Monster) but is a great towel.

The CYC Huge ' Fluffy' Drying towel are my go to every day towels. Not thick but soak up water just fine. Get 2 or more for a car though.

Soldato

Look no further than here:

https://www.ragmasteruk.co.uk/

If they're a little too rich, try CarPro Boas, great cloths, if you're after making up a bigger order, give CarPro a call, Craig knows his stuff :)

https://carpro.uk.com/collections/microfiber-towels

After drying towels?

https://dooka.co.uk/detailing-and-c...ing-towels/klin-duo-twisted-pile-drying-towel

After wash pad? The famous for a good reason

https://dooka.co.uk/washing-drying/wash-pads/dooka-osha-wash-pad

If you order any of the above, the liquids are great too :)

Soldato
Ooooh, lots to look at :)
I think I have some of the Kent ones, and they didn't feel really "soft" to me. I already have the CYC Drying Towel...it's pretty good, and does feel a bit softer, but sometimes I still wonder if it's a bit coarse. The Eurow ones look like more like what I'm after.

Ideally what I'd like to do is get a couple of good quality soft towels for buffing and drying bodywork, then I'll retire all the current clothes I've got for interior cleaning, or wheel cleaning or something.

Man of Honour
Got my car going in for a two day paint correction and ceramic coat tomorrow. Can’t wait to see how it comes back

What sort of maintenance do you do with a ceramic coat? I’m going to get him to do a 6 monthly detail but in between, will a snow foam and two bucket job suffice? Any products to use on top of the ceramic as an extra layer of protection?

Soldato
Ooooh, lots to look at :)
I think I have some of the Kent ones, and they didn't feel really "soft" to me. I already have the CYC Drying Towel...it's pretty good, and does feel a bit softer, but sometimes I still wonder if it's a bit coarse. The Eurow ones look like more like what I'm after.

Ideally what I'd like to do is get a couple of good quality soft towels for buffing and drying bodywork, then I'll retire all the current clothes I've got for interior cleaning, or wheel cleaning or something.

Sounds like a good plan, I really love my Rag Master ones but have a few Boa's and love them. My SS from OcUK SS 2017 (IIRC) bought me an absolutely lush cloth it's one of my favourites to this day, not a clue where it's from, it may well be a Boa or one of equal grade.

Got my car going in for a two day paint correction and ceramic coat tomorrow. Can’t wait to see how it comes back

What sort of maintenance do you do with a ceramic coat? I’m going to get him to do a 6 monthly detail but in between, will a snow foam and two bucket job suffice? Any products to use on top of the ceramic as an extra layer of protection?

What coating have you gone for?

Don't wash with any glossy or waxy shampoos, either keep it fairly pH Neutral or you can use something like CarPro Reset or Dooka washSI (my personal fav), which are slightly alkaline, this doesn't so much as degrade your coating, as ceramic can stand up to the alkaline, however, it gives it a proper clean (using this on old coatings is fabulous), smells like Cherry Bakewell Tarts :p

Companies like Gyeon have things such as Bathe+ and WetCoat which are designed to be used in-line with their coatings and are designed to 'boost' the results of the coating (in my understanding, it actually just lays down a new sacrificial temporary layer)

Man of Honour
What coating have you gone for?

Don't wash with any glossy or waxy shampoos, either keep it fairly pH Neutral or you can use something like CarPro Reset or Dooka washSI (my personal fav), which are slightly alkaline, this doesn't so much as degrade your coating, as ceramic can stand up to the alkaline, however, it gives it a proper clean (using this on old coatings is fabulous), smells like Cherry Bakewell Tarts :p

Companies like Gyeon have things such as Bathe+ and WetCoat which are designed to be used in-line with their coatings and are designed to 'boost' the results of the coating (in my understanding, it actually just lays down a new sacrificial temporary layer)

Gtechniq CS Crystal Serum is the one he's said he uses

Thanks for the tip, I've already got some pH neutral shampoo but will take a look at the others you've mentioned. I'll ask if there is anything like Bathe+ got the Gtechniq stuff

Soldato
Gtechniq CS Crystal Serum is the one he's said he uses

Thanks for the tip, I've already got some pH neutral shampoo but will take a look at the others you've mentioned. I'll ask if there is anything like Bathe+ got the Gtechniq stuff
Not that I'm aware of, GTechniq make good coatings but if I'm honest, many of their products are "ok", they need a product update, that's if the products are theirs and not rebranded stuff but that's a discussion for another day :p

I also don't use Gyeon stuff although I have a Gyeon coated car, I purely use Dooka WashSI

Soldato
anyone ever tried sonax net polymer shield? I've been using it for a while on and off between other products and it's very good for the money! super easy to apply too and adds a good amount of glossyness to the paint.

Soldato
Just got a 53 focus and around the petrol cap is a lot of scratches from where the previous owner had open the cap and dragged the rest of the keys with it,what process should I use to get rid of them (not going to respray) the easy way ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom