• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
By chance my 140mm case fan is losing life. Making noise and not spinning well.

The Vega 64 has fan control right? Is there an optimum, quiet, 140mm fan for it to control?

Edit: ignore. Big question. Just got a 4pin Bequiet jobby.

Last edited:
Associate
i think my vega64 is borked,my monitor is a 5yr old dell widescreen 2500x1080p

tried all different cables to try and get it going when i try and go into the monitors settings (osd? i thinks that you call it) i just get padlock icon and then a message saying a dvi-d cable is not attached and will go into power saving mode

the only one that worked was a hdmi with a dvi-d cable adapter but it only give resolutions very well below the native resolution

then when i try and install the driver for this sapphire nitro+ the screen just goes black and goes on a loop the farthest it gets is the window screen then nothing

i know the monitor works fine on my old gtx 670 ,just wondering with vega being newer and my monitor being quite old they are incompatible

but i'm leaning towards the vega being borked

any suggestion will be great!

Soldato
Permabanned
Yes I have nashatthedog, I made sure to use a like wise bios, AMD brand with AMD brand. Sense mine has no brand.

I'm not sure that matters, Every air cooled Vega 64 gpu isn't guaranteed to work properly with a Vega 64 Liquid Cooled bios, you may find that that's part of the problem. Has it got a dual bios? Did you test it after putting it under water before changing the bios?

Associate
I have a Gigabyte Vega 64 Windforce OC. I have have been granted the ability to RMA it due to issues where video output is lost and fan speed increases to 100% - but won't be able to for a day or so. As a result I have tried to gain some sense of stability from the GPU. It crashes about once a day, after that it seems to settle down but its frustrating enough that it happens. Any help is appreciated.

As of now, I have tried undervolting and it has not worked for me.

Associate
I have a Gigabyte Vega 64 Windforce OC. I have have been granted the ability to RMA it due to issues where video output is lost and fan speed increases to 100% - but won't be able to for a day or so. As a result I have tried to gain some sense of stability from the GPU. It crashes about once a day, after that it seems to settle down but its frustrating enough that it happens. Any help is appreciated.

What are your temps like. That cards cooler is not the best so you will need a very well vented case. Is your Power supply 750W and have you connected it with two PCI-E cables.

Associate

same card back at overclockers at the moment for the same issues plus the pc locked up as well needing a manual power down. mine would uasually do it within 10 minutes of playing a game and then be alright for an hour or two before doing it again. spent a bit of time over xmas trying to get it more stable inculding undervolting and turning graphics settings right down but nothing made any differance.

Associate
I'm not sure that matters, Every air cooled Vega 64 gpu isn't guaranteed to work properly with a Vega 64 Liquid Cooled bios, you may find that that's part of the problem. Has it got a dual bios? Did you test it after putting it under water before changing the bios?
Yes it has a dual bios, No I got the card second hand and it all redy had the cooling block so I never had a chance to test it other wise. I have tested it with both bios and the dry one worked better than the wet one but after reverting to 17.2 I can use afterburner again and it seems to run fine. I can run GTAV at max settings at 1440P but it seem to throttle so I need to under volt a bit more. Fallout 76 is still trash will not run at full power so I INI dropped the visual FX to cut down on the stuttering now its almost smooth.

Caporegime
Surprised to see that you can still buy the Vega 64 reference Liquid version from a US retailer. :eek:

I assume it is okay to post their name as they are based in the US and not a competitor to OcuK. Mods, please delete my post if this is not okay.

Last edited:
Associate
What are your temps like. That cards cooler is not the best so you will need a very well vented case. Is your Power supply 750W and have you connected it with two PCI-E cables.
GPU temps sit between 60-75 degrees and I've never seen them reach 80.
Using two PCI-E cables and have reseated the GPU with rewiring twice but no luck. The case doesn't have amazing ventilation but temps don't indicate an issue.
PSU is a Super Flower 750W platinum.

Associate
This is a free give away, to whoever claims this first wins.

49666816_10156961873887375_2940646326683041792_n.jpg

Code is > 4EJS7PC9QNT62KGR to be used on www.amdrewards.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom