Saudi Arabia again - Saudi girl facing possible death in Bangkok Airport

Soldato
I would suggest that he's saying that, while you've provided a multitude of options, none would be considered by the Government as rational ideas as none would have a realistic effect on Saudi culture (of than to make them laugh at us) and as such nothing we did would actually prevent Saudi doing whatever the hell it feels like other than changing the way the country works using Force. So as none of those those options would do anything to effect Saudi culture (which, again could really only be changed by Force), his statement of all those options being presented are "tantamount to complicity." would be correct, as unpalatable as that is.

TL:
DR - Nothing we do will ever change Saudi culture other than an utterly unrealistic use of Force.

Soldato
I would suggest that he's saying that, while you've provided a multitude of options, none would be considered by the Government as rational ideas

Well I highly doubt our government would consider invading SA over human rights, either, but that's not what he said. We don't have to guess his meaning. He wrote that our only options are either invasion or acceptance. That's blatantly wrong.

Caporegime
Well I highly doubt our government would consider invading SA over human rights, either, but that's not what he said. We don't have to guess his meaning. He wrote that our only options are either invasion or acceptance. That's blatantly wrong.

And yet it seems to be the reality as we grovelled to them right after they butchered Khashoggi with little transparency. The UK clearly has no power in this pitiful relationship.

Soldato
So in summary a girl in Saudi Arabia is fleeing her family and country for fear of being 'honour killed' by her family or the state for renouncing Islam and the majority of the corporate media isn't covering it. I wouldn't come to the UK if I was her she's likely to be targetted by grooming gangs whilst in asylum care and the police will blame her.

Probably an economic migrant as well rather than a 'refugee'!

Am I doing this right?

Capodecina
Soldato
A Saudi woman who fled her family and became stranded at Bangkok's main airport is flying to Canada after being granted asylum status.
. . .
Canada has previously angered Saudi Arabia after calling for the release of detained women's rights activists in the country - prompting Riyadh to expel Canada's ambassador and freeze all new trade. (BBC LINK)
I guess that Canada doesn't have any "defence" contracts with Saudi Arabia involving wholesale slaughter of innocents in Yemen ;)

Caporegime
Nice one Canada!

Quite an amusing little **** you to the Saudis given their recent history :)

I would not put it past them to murder her when she's in Canada, right in the open. The problem with dealing with Terrorists is that you'll lose regardless.

They're probably already setting up a butchering cell.

For a country like ours to seemingly ignore this girl's plight (she's a renouncer so its not like it's helping a muslim over a christian), over some pitiful idea that our "soft" power in SA is more important... the fact is and always will be that we have zero power of them, they have the UK by the balls. Embarrassing.

Caporegime
OP
Not sure that it was necessary for the UK to step in here. Australia was her chosen destination, they didn’t deny her but just said she’d not get any special treatment/would be processed like any other refugee.

UN decided to ask Canada and given they’ve taken a public stance on women’s rights in Saudi then that makes sense.

Caporegime
Just because its not necessary, doesnt mean much when we're allegedly a lovely caring country willing to help out of the goodness of our heart.

Instead we sell bullets that kill Yemen children every day, I imagine most Saudi's realise their relationship with the UK better than the UK does with it.

Soldato
I would not put it past them to murder her when she's in Canada, right in the open. The problem with dealing with Terrorists is that you'll lose regardless.

They're probably already setting up a butchering cell.

She's too well know to be touched now, if they try to do anything SA will immediately be suspected

For a country like ours to seemingly ignore this girl's plight (she's a renouncer so its not like it's helping a muslim over a christian), over some pitiful idea that our "soft" power in SA is more important... the fact is and always will be that we have zero power of them, they have the UK by the balls. Embarrassing.

Agreed, the UK should be pulling out of any deals with those ********

Caporegime
And stuff up our economy?
We get about £4 billion from selling our junk to them. They make only half of that back from selling us theirs.
They buy most of their kit from America anyway...

Again, they have plenty of other friends to get that from. We're about to leave all of ours.

Some of us have to drive to work, you know... Not a problem for them, as they own the oil.
All we'd do is drive the price of their oil up, making them richer and other countries upset with us.

Oh, yeah, like that's not going to upset the Saudis.... Thought you wanted to avoid war?

Err... kinda late for that, don't you think?
They already have something like £60 billion invested in the UK. Most of my own company is owned by Kuwait, UAE and Saudi.

We're like 8th or 9th behind several other countries with whom they do far more business. Do you really think us doing anything piddly like this will worry them?

"Significant impact"??!!
Yeah, why don't we throw a few economic sanctions at them too, or perhaps just spank their collective botty and tell them to go sit in the corner for twenty minutes? That'll show them, the rotters!!!
We can't do any of that without stuffing ourselves over as well, hence complicity.

You really think they'll give a flying ****? Or do you think they'll just find someone else to do business with?
If they are breaking international laws or generally being nasty people, you don't simply stop being friends with them, Mister Chamberlain. You have to actually go and stop them from being nasty.

I really don't like The Guardian, but they do occasionally get it right:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/24/britain-house-of-saud-jamal-khashoggi-murder

Obviously the UK on it's ownnwouldbt make a difference. The eu, UN and the US would need to all put sanctions in place.

They would quickly turn into Iran. Iran has oil but all the sanctions have turned it into a hole.

Sanctions would work. The Saudi royals like to travel and spend lots of money. Just put all the same sanctions on them Iran has had in the past and currently has with the US.

Also by preventing them selling oil wouldn't drive prices up. They have all been colluding to limit the supply to keep prices high.

Also high oil prices is good for western countries that have oil like Scotland.

Back
Top Bottom