AfD MP hospitalised. Attempted murder.

Permabanned
The Bremen prosecutor is ruling out a political motive for the attack, believing it to be likely a robbery (link in German, sorry).

I guess those of us who assumed too much too soon have egg on our faces.

Or are somewhat sceptical given factions in Germany are hell bent on making the disaster of overnight unregulated and uncontrolled multi culturalism look great and desperately avoiding publicly voiced negativity like Sweden.

Associate
Or are somewhat sceptical given factions in Germany are hell bent on making the disaster of overnight unregulated and uncontrolled multi culturalism look great and desperately avoiding publicly voiced negativity like Sweden.

That's funny, I live in Germany and don't see a disaster.

Soldato
The Bremen prosecutor is ruling out a political motive for the attack, believing it to be likely a robbery (link in German, sorry).

The German police have previous for being rather economical with the truth for 'political' reasons.

I would say even the prosecutors (Pasaade) description for the incident leaves the motive rather open.

(Google's attempt at translation)

The perpetrators had run away immediately after the attack, said Passade. Based on the videos, there are no indications that Magnitz had been entered. Earlier, the investigators had communicated that after viewing the recordings in the act no impact object has been used. The police investigate on suspicion of a dangerous bodily injury. It is based on a political motive.

According to the police, the pictures show two people approaching the 66-year-old politician from behind, a third run behind them. One of the unknown struck down Magnitz from behind, whereupon he fell. Subsequently, the trio fled from the scene. It was also said: "On the previously secured video footage, the use of an impact object can not be determined."

Robbers don't generally knock down someone and run staight off empty handed. I'm assuming 'there are no indications that Magnitz had been entered' would likely better be translated as 'there are no indication that Magnitz had been searched'

It would appear that the use of a weapon cannot be excluded from the cctv either? Just none was seen to be present on the footage.

Associate
Nah m8 you must be one of them there conspirators.

Yup. Don't get me wrong there are problems though. Some immigrants have caused problems and don't integrate as they should. But by and large they do. They are helped a lot by the state and are required to fully learn German (paid for).

What doesn't help is local's in AfD strongholds firebombing their housing.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

I could understand saying there is insufficient evidence for it being politically motivated, but I don't see how they can rule it out. I mean, it's not like there haven't been politically motivated attacks on AfD recently - their offices were bombed only the other week and there are more than a few people who would approve of this.

As to "no weapon", I've had the misfortune of seeing the photograph. You don't do that with a fist or a boot. Conceivably he could have fallen or been shoved into something sharp headfirst, but frankly, looks like he was struck with a weapon of some sort to me.

Man of Honour
I blame the three that attacked him. Or maybe the Left. No, the Right!

Oh no he didn’t!

Oh yea he diiiiiiiid.

It’s like supporting a football team for some of you.

Being serious; horrible incident.

Caporegime
Turns out he was knocked over from behind, and hit his head on the pavement when he fell, and then made up some story about being hit with a bit of wood and kicked in the head whilst he was on the floor.

Jörg Meuthen, the party’s federal chairman, posted a photograph on Twitter on Tuesday, showing the MP, apparently unconscious, with a deep gash to his head and a bruised face, and calling the attack an “assassination attempt”.

The party praised two plumbers who had helped Magnitz to his feet and called the police, saying they had saved his life by intervening and scaring off the attackers.

But police, who have described the attack as “politically motivated”, said analysis of CCTV footage shows that while Magnitz was knocked to the ground, the person responsible had quickly fled accompanied by two others and there was no evidence that Magnitz had been kicked or beaten while he was lying on the ground. His head injuries, they said, were likely incurred after he hit his head having been knocked down.

“Recordings secured at the scene show two people who approached the 66-year-old from behind, while a third walked some distance behind,” a spokeswoman for Bremen police said. “One of the unknown people hit the man causing him to topple over.” The trio then fled the scene, she added.

The MP suffered a heavy bleeding head wound, but “on the video material that has been watched so far, the use of an attack object cannot be detected”.

Soldato
Dumb people need to realise that attacks like this this only strengthens their position. More people will vote for them now.

Back
Top Bottom