• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

And

And

Associate
I was hoping to replace my 3570K this year (probably 9700k) but waiting a little longer to see how Zen2 pans out won't hurt. It's been a long time since I last had an AMD cpu (Newcastle A64 3200+ on s754).

Caporegime
Two simple points.

The ONLY thing Intel had was Clocks/IPC
AMD Just showed them beating intel in clocks/IPC.

AMD have the entire CPU market now. Im actually a bit worried Intel will have less money for its DGPU project which Im hoping will save us from Nvidia.

You dont even know what core speed the Ryzen was running at?

The 9900k was stock

Soldato
I just watched the keynote from 5. Nothing was shown right? Or did I miss something.

$699 graphics card worse than the 1080ti? Albeit cheaper than the 2080.

Soldato
When though? She said Epyc was mid 2019. No mention of a Ryzen date therefore can assume it will be later?
Ryzen usually launches before APUs, EPYC, and Threadripper, but I would say June is optimistic at this point unfortunately.

Also we have no idea about pricing so even if the technology is exciting, we'll find out later whether it's actually great for consumers.

Yeah power was ok but it all depends on clock speed....

No confirmation that Ryzen 2 beats intel in IPC at all.
The Core i9-9900K was at stock, so 4.7 GHz all core. That's all we know.

EDIT: Apparently Lisa screwed up the numbers.

Last edited:
Caporegime
if the frequency was 5ghz stable they would have shown it. its going to be lower than many think who are swept up with the hype. same as the price.

Back
Top Bottom