• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
It seems Easy is trying to say the Ryzen was clock well over 4.7Ghz which would give the IPC crown to 9900k. But in that case if the Ryzen is running 5Ghz on the power draw it was then Amd have come leaps and bounds.

And their 12/24 and 16/32 parts will be monsters and will destroy Intel offerings and great price to performance.

If they price them right they can go for the kill and drown Intel for a while.

Permabanned
Again, I think we need a bit of perspective. It now shows Amd can compete with Intels best but we only got a glimpse of what that is, still many blanks that need filling in yet.

I’m excited and think I finally have something worth upgrading too, but I won’t part with my cash until I see them in the flesh.

Associate
The claim that that AMD were running an overclock on there 8 core chip.. well there is no proof for that is there? absolutely none what so ever. I mean would you want to run an overclock in a live demo streamed around the world to beat an opponents chip just for a few % points? What if it crashed? Heck these are all ES stuff, beta bios and boards... flipping heck folks its more than likely under clocked.. think about it.
Also AMD would have ran the intel chip at 100% stock, why? They know fine well the first thing every salty 9900k owner is going to do is replicate there test. If it comes out that normal (non MCE buggery) stock clocked 95w 9900ks were being reported as say 15% faster in the real world then Intel would have a field day with them not to mention the press and fan boys.

No come on... the AMD chip was running on beta/ES kit - probably (but not necessarily) on clocks that were Lower than final as this tends to be the case.
The intel chip was configured for its normal 95w mode... which everyone knows is like using a three legged donkey but That is intels STOCK mode so ... take it up with intel.

Finally i repeat again, why do folk have trouble coming to terms with this being a mid range Ryzen 5? Really know the chiplets are 8 core designs and we also know the chip + io can take 2 chiplets.. so come on folks... really its not hard to join the flipping dots..

Back
Top Bottom