The Division 2 - March 2019

Caporegime
I've been in the DZ the past four nights in a row clearing a few landmarks solo (still no Midas!) and met half a dozen other players. Not a single one has attacked me, even in a group of two and a group of three. Sure there have been Rogues down south but they rarely venture up north past DZ 4 or 5.

Man of Honour
You definitely want to group up in DZ to give yourself a chance. Going in solo can be a suicide, unless you have BiS gear and are good at the game. Your overall experience is that of a player who was leveling in an old game where everyone is playing something completely different to you. Your experience doesn't reflect what most players do in TD.

Even in groups too much BS - for instance I was playing with 2 other people, one an experienced PVPer in the game - we all had optimised The House/Striker setups with over 500K DPS output each - some guy engaged us then when we started shooting back his buddies all popped up on him with his reclaimer friend's support station (which is like 32-33K health/s at max - around 42-44K effective with armour, etc.) somehow out healing our damage.

Generally my experiences of the DZ are either people who are only there for PVE really and just want you to kill them as quickly as possible (or preferably leave them alone) so they can get back to what they were doing or people who are seemingly untouchable - killing you with any weapon from max range with like 1-2 hits while sponging almost any amount of damage you throw at them - I think in several hours of playing there I only encountered one instance of what was close to a proper fight.

Soldato
What do you mean "level based shooter looter"? BTW, you can stay single player all the way and get BiS gear, I played everything solo, only went MP in DZ.

Your experience is skewed because you hardly played the game. There's no telling how geared someone is in DZ if you just see them on the street. I'm talking WT5 end game play, not while leveling. And you come across a lot of people who will see you and not attack, which on your side makes you wonder what they're after. There's definitely suspense and it's not true that it's a team deathmatch, like you're trying to make it look. Oh, and you probably didn't see anyone in DZ because you were lvl 29, go get lvl 30 and WT5 and go in again.

You definitely want to group up in DZ to give yourself a chance. Going in solo can be a suicide, unless you have BiS gear and are good at the game. Your overall experience is that of a player who was leveling in an old game where everyone is playing something completely different to you. Your experience doesn't reflect what most players do in TD.

"level based shooter looter" means this type of grind gameplay in which you grind xp + stuff to get to another level and better gear and another one and another one... the gameplay in itself is pretty much based around grinding and leveling. Tactics a lot of times don't mean much simply because it's a number's game or you have to apply always a certain recipe to win. Another sorts of "loot based gameplay" would be Day Z, in which you loot, but there's no level, a gun will do the same amount of damage when you first pick it up like it will do 10 or 1000 hrs later with that character. If a head shot is deadly, will be deadly even after a time played. It's a looter, but not leveled based (or got the RPG treatment, as everything these days seems to have).

I've played quite a few days in DZ, plus SP, by myself. Not sure how that qualifies as "hardly" (it's 71hrs in total as per Steam) I've meet single players or multiple players working together and turning rouge, with good gear for level 29 and 99 in DZ. The only DZ zones I haven't explored much are the lvl 30. The gameplay remains pretty much the same from start to finish - a cover shooter, 3rd person view, with firefights dictated by statistics and ballistics dumbed down so the guns fit withing the limitations of the game. AI is not smarter or dumber.

There were enough players to make the population realistic on the server. My experience with high level players was simply that they went for the best gear and enjoyed on preying upon the weak, with a bit of trolling here and there. Like I've said, they were spending their time in lower level areas instead of high level areas. There is no defined team death match, DM or whatever, it can be all and none. It depends on the type of players you meet and is exacerbated by the matchmaking which puts the players in some brackets with wild variations in dmg and resistance numbers.

No, I haven't upgraded to lvl 30 + because I don't want to. There is no point to chase a moving goalpost like leveling up is. I want to be in a place where I have roughly the same gear (in stats) as other players, so I have the same chance at winning a firefight - ergo I've went for the best that bracket of player levels offer (i think it was 25-29 or something like that). I've played together as a team with lower level players and helped them. Never turned on them. We tried together to put down a better equipped player or players when they were rogues and we couldn't... simply because statistics. So that tension was there, we were working together and it turned to TDM once a team of other higher level, better equipped players decided to go rouge

And no, I didn't find it as a suicide thing to play against level 30 AIs, just have to pay more attention and to have a backpack that can carry lots of bullets... because you know, a bullet proof head is the difference between level 15 and level 30 :p. And if I'd have the same gear and stats as other level 29 players it would have not been a suicide thing as well, because at least I would have a chance against them. It's suicide to stay with them nearby (if you don't have good gear) as they'll go mental pretty soon! :))

Anyway, for sure there are a lot guys who enjoy this, as there are lots who enjoy WoT and WT. I've had my share with this and is not for me. From what I've seen so far of TD 2 is more of the same - granted, probably improved. For me, the suspension of disbelief can only be pushed so far! :)

Caporegime
The Division 2 is not going to be released on Steam which seems to be causing quite a storm , people now saying they won't be buying it which I find strange.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/the-division-2-will-be-on-the-epic-store-not-steam/#comment-jump

To some Steam is like a cult. There shalt be no other content delivery system but mine. Thou shalt not covet any game not on Steam. I rarely log in to steam these days as most of the games I play are on uPlay and Origin. I couldn't care less and even if you buy on Steam it basically launches uPlay anyway so it's not 'truly' on Steam.

Last edited:
Associate
To some Steam is like a cult. There shalt be no other content delivery system but mine. Thou shalt not covet any game not on Steam. I rarely log in to steam these days as most of the games I play are on uPlay and Origin. I couldn't care less and even if you buy on Steam it basically launches uPlay anyway so it's not 'truly' on Steam.

Exactly.
Why just dont buy game on Uplay because it will launch game from there anyway?Ah,another system which is "bad".
I personally have more games on Origin than on Steam and really dont care on what platform they launches as long as they launches

Associate
"level based shooter looter" means this type of grind gameplay in which you grind xp + stuff to get to another level and better gear and another one and another one... the gameplay in itself is pretty much based around grinding and leveling. Tactics a lot of times don't mean much simply because it's a number's game or you have to apply always a certain recipe to win. Another sorts of "loot based gameplay" would be Day Z, in which you loot, but there's no level, a gun will do the same amount of damage when you first pick it up like it will do 10 or 1000 hrs later with that character. If a head shot is deadly, will be deadly even after a time played. It's a looter, but not leveled based (or got the RPG treatment, as everything these days seems to have).

I've played quite a few days in DZ, plus SP, by myself. Not sure how that qualifies as "hardly" (it's 71hrs in total as per Steam) I've meet single players or multiple players working together and turning rouge, with good gear for level 29 and 99 in DZ. The only DZ zones I haven't explored much are the lvl 30. The gameplay remains pretty much the same from start to finish - a cover shooter, 3rd person view, with firefights dictated by statistics and ballistics dumbed down so the guns fit withing the limitations of the game. AI is not smarter or dumber.

There were enough players to make the population realistic on the server. My experience with high level players was simply that they went for the best gear and enjoyed on preying upon the weak, with a bit of trolling here and there. Like I've said, they were spending their time in lower level areas instead of high level areas. There is no defined team death match, DM or whatever, it can be all and none. It depends on the type of players you meet and is exacerbated by the matchmaking which puts the players in some brackets with wild variations in dmg and resistance numbers.

No, I haven't upgraded to lvl 30 + because I don't want to. There is no point to chase a moving goalpost like leveling up is. I want to be in a place where I have roughly the same gear (in stats) as other players, so I have the same chance at winning a firefight - ergo I've went for the best that bracket of player levels offer (i think it was 25-29 or something like that). I've played together as a team with lower level players and helped them. Never turned on them. We tried together to put down a better equipped player or players when they were rogues and we couldn't... simply because statistics. So that tension was there, we were working together and it turned to TDM once a team of other higher level, better equipped players decided to go rouge

And no, I didn't find it as a suicide thing to play against level 30 AIs, just have to pay more attention and to have a backpack that can carry lots of bullets... because you know, a bullet proof head is the difference between level 15 and level 30 :p. And if I'd have the same gear and stats as other level 29 players it would have not been a suicide thing as well, because at least I would have a chance against them. It's suicide to stay with them nearby (if you don't have good gear) as they'll go mental pretty soon! :))

Anyway, for sure there are a lot guys who enjoy this, as there are lots who enjoy WoT and WT. I've had my share with this and is not for me. From what I've seen so far of TD 2 is more of the same - granted, probably improved. For me, the suspension of disbelief can only be pushed so far! :)
Yeah, the game is clearly not for you

Soldato
Soldato
Those wouldn't have bought it anyway. Just angry kids looking for attention.

Agreed, I'd launch games via a command prompt if I wanted to play it badly enough. The main thing Ubisoft will lose is the promotional aspect of having TD2 on the front page of the Steam store where a lot of people will see it.

Soldato
Interesting system specs.

The Division 2 PC specs

Minimum – 1080p/30 FPS
Processor: AMD FX-6350, Intel Core I5-2500K
Memory: Processor: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 270, Nvidia Geforce GTX 670
VRAM: 2 GB
DIRECT X: DirectX 11, 12

Recommended – 1080p/60 FPS
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X , Intel Core I7-4790
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD RX 480, Nvidia Geforce GTX 970
VRAM: 4 GB

High – 1440p/60 FPS
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700, Intel Core I7-6700K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD RX Vega 56, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
VRAM: 8 GB

Elite – 4K/60 FPS
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Intel Core I9-7900X
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon VII, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 TI
VRAM: 11 GB

Man of Honour
Was concerned it might not support under Windows 10 - was some rumours of that back along but I think that was mostly due to the development builds not being final, etc.

Soldato
Are you able to pre-order, play the beta and then cancel it the order? Played the first one solo and oddly enjoyed it, and want to try it first

Associate
Are you able to pre-order, play the beta and then cancel it the order? Played the first one solo and oddly enjoyed it, and want to try it first

In Epic store they recently changed rules,buy game,play no more than 2hours then can get refund ,similar to Steam i believe?
But doubt you will see much from Beta in 2h,not that type of game

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom