• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Associate
It's the same card as the MI50. Power consumption will be roughly the same as the Vega 64, might even be a little more.
Still making those presumption I see. According to gibbo a 64 uses less than a 2080 and even so it the most pointless thing to argue a point on. Its almost like people fall back to when they can't argue about FPS.

Associate
Wondering also is Vega that heavily tied to HBM in its design they couldn't retweak the memory config, or have they sourced enough HBM and got the manufacturing better to put them together.

It would seem they are targeting high resolution, and to be honest don't blame them if they were, playing on my PS4 pro on my 43 inch 4 K TV is really nice.

Soldato
I just wonder how anyone who was unhappy with the 2080 price and performance is happy with this card?

It should have been released to replace the Vega 64 and at the £500 price point, maybe £549 max.

Soldato
They need to re-test it again in a few months though, after Nvidia gimping for the 10 series kicks in and AMD updates their drivers a bit.

Since it's still a Vega card, I doubt there will be any increase from Drivers. It's not a new Architecture.

Soldato
Still making those presumption I see. According to gibbo a 64 uses less than a 2080 and even so it the most pointless thing to argue a point on. Its almost like people fall back to when they can't argue about FPS.

LOL Stop been so defensive. you asked where people were getting the power consumption, I told you.

Soldato
I just wonder how anyone who was unhappy with the 2080 price and performance is happy with this card?

It should have been released to replace the Vega 64 and at the £500 price point, maybe £549 max.

I remember your posts back in the pre launch vega threads, you were as I remember very pro Amd but showing a technical and logical comprehension of fiji vs vega speculation. Unfortunately this forum clearly shows how defensive those few can be towards critiscm. I don't really comment on this forum much as my posts get ignored, but all i'll say is don't make too much effort in responding to those few.

Associate

This, they should've ditched HBM to bring the costs down more this card doesnt make any sense at this point in time considering this price/perfomance tier is completely saturated at the moment with the 1080Ti and 2080 basically competing with each other it shoudl've been cheaper than the 2080 atleast considering. I bet Nvidia cant wait for 7nm we'll be getting 2080Ti performance only at mid range for the same price as a 2080Ti if AMD keep this up.

Soldato
A

Absolutely agree. Nvidia pushed top tier prices to extortionate prices and AMD are following suit. It is at least allegedly competitive and cheaper than a 2080 so hopefully we will see prices at tier drop to more acceptable levels.

Soldato
Associate
A

Absolutely agree. Nvidia pushed top tier prices to extortionate prices and AMD are following suit. It is at least allegedly competitive and cheaper than a 2080 so hopefully we will see prices at tier drop to more acceptable levels.

I doubt it as nvidia will say the Radeon 7 as old tech and with ray tracing and dlss nvidia won't see the point in reducing to compete with what they see as old tech

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like a good alternative to RTX 2080, cheaper than main models and decent games bundle. I'll be sticking with RTX 2080 though, no need to upgrade for a long time.

RTX 2080 level of performance is more than enough for me tbh.

Either card is awesome xD

Soldato
I'm not I just dont see why people keep posing figures around when we haven't received any official information yet.
AMD's Official TDP for the MI50 is 300W. This is the exact same card, minus a few features to stop it interfering with Mi50 sales, but a higher clock speed. It's not really speculation to say that the Vega 7 will be around the 300W mark too.

Associate
Welp. Performance, decent. But then I saw HBM and knew what we were in for.
Pricing... why?

People thought AMD would be the 'saviour' and give us decent pricing. Just $100 less than what they announced would have been okay. And here in Blighty we'll get especially shafted due to conversion rates in the coming months. I bet Nvidia will easily drop their card's prices to crush any hopes AMD has. I just hope benchmarks are good. At least the wait isn't long.

On the bright side we finally have something from AMD to compete at the high end. If Nvidia were actually trying with their Turing cards, then this would have been game over. Nvidia's complacency gave AMD the chance here.

Soldato
I remember your posts back in the pre launch vega threads, you were as I remember very pro Amd but showing a technical and logical comprehension of fiji vs vega speculation.

I don't know if I have been insulted or complimented :p

Unfortunately this forum clearly shows how defensive those few can be towards critiscm. I don't really comment on this forum much as my posts get ignored, but all i'll say is don't make too much effort in responding to those few.

I agree, but, I can't help myself!! :D

Soldato
Interesting comments from Lisa's uncle Jensen Haung spoke to PC World, said Radeon VII is underwhelming and it will not have ray tracing and AI support.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/333...x-2080-will-crush-amds-underwhelming-gpu.html

Lol, neither does the 2080 in any meaningful way. To quote HardOCP, "RTX is a lie"

https://www.hardocp.com/article/201...nvidia_ray_tracing_rtx_2080_ti_performance/11

1080p with minimums in mid 20s when RTX is enabled even on a 2080Ti, using RTX in a 2080 (let alone a 2060 or 2070) as a positive selling point is BS plain and simple.

Associate
On the bright side we finally have something from AMD to compete at the high end. If Nvidia were actually trying with their Turing cards, then this would have been game over. Nvidia's complacency gave AMD the chance here.

What do you mean if Nvidia were actually trying? what would they actually try with?

Soldato
I doubt it as nvidia will say the Radeon 7 as old tech and with ray tracing and dlss nvidia won't see the point in reducing to compete with what they see as old tech

It won't matter what Nvidia say, lose sales to an AMD card the performs as well for cheaper then they will reduce prices. They did it with the 1080 after Vega 64 was released.

Back
Top Bottom