The GTR is dead! Long live the cryptolambo!

Soldato
Exactly this.

1) Its covered by 2 CCTV cameras at different angles, the moment anyone walks past the fencing into our driveway view, bang theyre on CCTV.
2) It gets blocked in by another car each night.
3) It's a good area.
4) Our road has people working all hours of the day, so theres usually someone around.
5) We are tucked up the far corner of our estate so anyone dodgy looking will be noticed long before they get to our road.
6) Our house security is top notch.

That's exactly what you want. Sounds like you have everything covered.

I would be far more worried about having a popular hot hatch than a super car in the drive.

I hear Golf R's attract the scrotey types mainly.

Soldato
No point buying a car like that then worrying. Do your best to keep it secure safe, if anything happens that’s what insurance is for.

It’s a shame idiots like that exist which make you worry about the what ifs.

Enjoy it it’s a beautiful car.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Private plates went on today, surprising how such a minor change de-ages the car SO much.

i.php

i.php

OcUK Staff
Drove a 580-2 and it was pretty damn good such a thrill.
Also drove a GT3 and man the decision is still no easier as the GT3 steering and brakes are on another level and I’d say the GT3 even sounds better in 8000-9000rpm but only to the occupants.

The Huracan sounded insane all the time but it’s gear shifts were too seamless but it was in sport mode and I think Corsa mode adds inertia shift.

GT3 traction control never kicked in and it turned in better and more traction on exit.

Huracan in sport mode traction control seemed annoying, car understeers but at the same time it inspires more confidence because of that understeer but can be annoying at limit I guess and not as much traction.

The Huracan felt more special though! Lambo factor!

Strangely GT3 and GT3 RS drive similar yes the RS is better and faster but the regular GT3 gives the full GT3 experience and these were both 991.1 GT3’s.

Did not drive Performante simply as I felt would be silly as then I’d be spoiled as that is on another level to regular Huracan.

The Huracan felt slower than GT3 but it was faster hitting 150mph on main straight!

Back
Top Bottom