• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gtx 1060 advice

Associate
Hi guys,

So I'm looking at upgrading to a gtx 1060 graphics card.

My case is a coolermaster storm scout.

Current card is a gtx 660 TI and is the EVGA version.

Now looking at the 1060's I notice they have 1, 2 and 3 fan variants....

I'm looking at a 6gb card....

If you have 3 cards that are the 6gb model for example, is there going to be any performance differences between the 1 2 and 3 fan variants, or is it just down to how effective the heat dispersal is from the card?

Soldato
I can only go from my experience but i have the EVGA 1060 6gb SC which is a single fan variant and i have no issues with fan noise but i haven't messed with the fan speed tbh and haven't really had any heat issues. Its notably cooler than my old 280x lol

Soldato
Hi guys,

So I'm looking at upgrading to a gtx 1060 graphics card.

My case is a coolermaster storm scout.

Current card is a gtx 660 TI and is the EVGA version.

Now looking at the 1060's I notice they have 1, 2 and 3 fan variants....

I'm looking at a 6gb card....

If you have 3 cards that are the 6gb model for example, is there going to be any performance differences between the 1 2 and 3 fan variants, or is it just down to how effective the heat dispersal is from the card?

Generally speaking, the smaller the fans the louder the cooler. You can’t go wrong with the EVGA two fan acx style option. I would be tempted to go for a SC or whatever model ships with the highest boost clock.

Soldato
In the end I went for the gigabyte geforce gtx 1060 6gb, dual fans :) just got it fitted right now so gonna fire it up good and proper shortly :)

Bro where's the update? It'll be like living in the dark and then stepping out into the sun going from a 660ti to a 1060 6GB ! UPDATE! :D

Back
Top Bottom