Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Associate
So i'm 100% Story and 91% entire game with only a few things left to complete.

Know nothing about the Red Dead Online side of things, so gave it a try yesterday.
Character creation made me chuckle, every single appearance makes you look butt ugly haha! I look inbred for god sake! :D

Is your character a mute? he never talks and when he does, he sounds awful LOL!

I'm free roaming now but i'm not sure how much I'll play online at the moment, got God of War coming this week! :cool:

Anyone doing well online? any tips for us online noobies? :p

Soldato
RDR2 got stuck at 50% load last night and no matter how many times I closed the application and started again, it wouldn't load, for a minute I thought I was going to lose all game progress. Fortunately all it took was to delete the local game data, reset the PS4, download the cloud saves and then restart the game. I don't know if I could be bothered to start all over if I hadn't got it working, despite how much I'm enjoying the game.

Soldato
Oh god. I had spent so much time exploring the ingame world that I thought I'd seen most of what the game had to offer - yet each time I go out for a wander around I see new things. Over this past weekend whilst hunting for 'Night Men', this chap I encountered and lets say that I was quite drained after that experience :o I was upset that I lost a dollar so went back with a few incindiary rounds...

Finished Chapter 3 last night and have to say that I wasn't really impressed by the main quests for the chapter. I wanted to know more about the families and instead you're thrusted rapidly towards the end quickly. Oddly enough whilst roaming around just before Chapter 3's ending events took place, Charles appeared out of no where on horseback stating that the camp and Dutch were worried about me being away for so long and to return back. I found it very odd as I've been away from the camp for days previously whilst exploring. I returned to camp though and the end events fell into place afterwards.

I wasn't expecting a 'forced' game element in RDR2 and felt that this was a smidge.

I'm 99% sure that's just intended to add to the real world atmosphere so you can't wonder why no one notices you're not in camp for weeks at a time. You're still free to explore/hunt/gamble/drink as far as I know.

Associate
I'm 99% sure that's just intended to add to the real world atmosphere so you can't wonder why no one notices you're not in camp for weeks at a time. You're still free to explore/hunt/gamble/drink as far as I know.

Happened to me being weeks away from camp, Bill (I think) found me in the forest, gave me the option to fast travel back to camp which I decline and off he went.

Thought it was kinda neat that ya camp mates came looking for you thinking you're in trouble. Didn't stop me continuing with what I was doing.

Soldato
That's good to hear as I was having flashbacks to FarCry 5's 'on rails' gameplay as Charles told me about the camp being worried..

Soldato
I've played a bit more of the game now, just past the train heist mission where you are on a horse and carriage. I am enjoying it more than I was before but it is still a little too slow movement wise for my liking. Especially when you're in a building looting or whatever, he seems to take an age to turn around. Not got my head around what buttons do what with the horses yet either, I keep seeing a box that say's tap X twice to take the lead at the front of the pack but all he does is seems to ride alongside the leader, most the time I just hold X and keep pace with everyone.

Soldato
I'm not normally a single player guy but I'm absolutely loving RDR2. I spend most of my time wandering, hunting and exploring and really love that side of it. Hopefully I won't get too bored to complete the compendium.

Only in chapter 2 at the moment but the companion says I've done 25/25 random meetings or whatever they're called?

The only negatives I have is some of the tutorial-esque missions fall out of place if you've explored much before, and are a bit tedious to have to complete. And why is the basic satchel so good?! It seems like there's absolutely no need to upgrade it (and therefore hunt etc) which is a shame.

Soldato
How does dead eye work? I know I aim with L2 then press R3 but how do I paint the x's over one or multiple targets? I tried to do it on a random side quest/game shooting bottles but couldn't seem to do it. Also, any tips for hunting early on? Just got into Chapter 2 so I've not got very far and I'm having to provide for the camp so I'd like to get a hang of what's best to hunt and what are the best tools to hunt with.

Thanks.

Associate
How does dead eye work? I know I aim with L2 then press R3 but how do I paint the x's over one or multiple targets? I tried to do it on a random side quest/game shooting bottles but couldn't seem to do it.Thanks.

Low level Dead Eye will paint the target(s) for you when you target them, but as you upgrade you'll need to mark them using R1

Look for the red 'hotspots' on targets whilst in Dead Eye for better kills.

Soldato
I'm enjoying hunting animals but feel that supporting the camp is a real pain in the arse. Plus the fact the butcher is an ungrateful sod doesn't help and to add insult to injury, the camp funds has more money than I do. What happens if I choose to neglect the camp and just look after myself?

Associate
I'm enjoying hunting animals but feel that supporting the camp is a real pain in the arse. Plus the fact the butcher is an ungrateful sod doesn't help and to add insult to injury, the camp funds has more money than I do. What happens if I choose to neglect the camp and just look after myself?

Used to add a few quid to the ledger and Pearson the Butcher had a few scraps which I didn't need, but I never really put the camp before myself. Once you unlock Fast Travel and leather working everything else was just a slight bonus on my eyes. Suppose you loose out on a few extra ammo rounds and Tonics when available at the camp, but my satchel was always full of them anyway.

Pearson always provided a meal/coffee at noon regards of how much I neglected them. lol

Soldato

The camp is the worse part of the game for me, I wish I was just a lone ranger, don't get me wrong you can neglect the camp and do that, but I just wish this wasn't in the game at all.

Back
Top Bottom