Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Released 22/03/2019

Soldato
Is anyone else super excited by this game?

From Wikipedia:

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an upcoming action-adventure game played from a third-person view.[1][2][3][4] Although compared to FromSoftware's Souls series, the game features no role-playingelements, such as character creation, classes, and equipment upgrades, as well as having no multiplayer elements.[3][4][5][6] Rather than attacking to whittle an enemy's health points, combat in Sekiro revolves around using a katana to attack their poise and balance instead, which eventually leads to an opening that allows for a single killing blow.[3][7] The game also features stealth elements, allowing players to immediately eliminate enemies if they can get in range undetected.[3] In addition, the player character has the ability to use various tools to assist with combat and exploration, such as a grappling hook and a torch.[3] If the player character dies, they have the option of being revived on the spot under certain conditions instead of respawning at earlier checkpoints.[3]

I'm becoming a bit of a Bloodborne fan and am increasingly getting drawn into the original Dark Souls so I'm really keen to see what Mr.Miyazaki and From have come up with this time - the feudal Japanese setting really appeals as well - Day one for me :D

Soldato
Absolutely love the souls games and Bloodborne more so.

I'm interested in this for sure. A little concerned about the partnership with Activision but that aside, these guys make great games. I'm sure I'll buy it :D

Soldato
Of course I am, this game looks like an evolution of Bloodborne which is one of the best games ever made. Wish Sekiro had a bit darker aesthetic, though.

Associate
Yeah tbh it looks more like nioh, seems more fast paced. On the souls games you could armour up to the hills and clunk about. Will still buy it anyway, just hoping they have not strayed away to far.

Back
Top Bottom