Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Aha, that's good to know, thanks. I was getting to know it last night, getting the mounting position right and adjusting some settings (I really dislike to ultra-wide FOV). I found the app quite buggy and laggy - iPhone 8+. The live preview was ok, but changing some of the settings was a bit hit and miss, to the point where I reverted back to changing them directly on the camera. Have you found the same?

Soldato
I too found the app pretty poor, all settings are done on the camera itself.
FOV 115
Exp 0
B/Rate Med
Filter Vivid
Iso 100

These are the settings I changed and find best for what I use it for, night time I use low light filter(obviously)

I will say one thing, my 1st went faulty - wouldn't turn on.
The replacement produces a much better results, don't know if they've replaced/upgraded anything.

Forgot to add if you get this you'll have around 8hrs use.

Last edited:
Associate
Doing my DAS upgrade next month and with it being at the end of Feb concerned about rain etc. My only pair of boots at the mo are a Dainese summer pair that have perforated holes for airflow etc. Anyone recommend a decent pair of "all weather"/waterproof boots? Circa £120.

Soldato
Doing my DAS upgrade next month and with it being at the end of Feb concerned about rain etc. My only pair of boots at the mo are a Dainese summer pair that have perforated holes for airflow etc. Anyone recommend a decent pair of "all weather"/waterproof boots? Circa £120.

I use Sidi black rain boots, they're around that price I think or usually on sale somewhere.

Man of Honour
If you can find a pair of the Dainese Fulcrum C2 then they're my all year round commuters Goretex lined and really comfy, you might need to throw another £30 in the pot but mine are still going after 30k miles so I'd say they're worth it.

Transmission breaker
Don
Anyone know what a YZF 125R abs on 65 plate is worth if its repaired from a Cat C? 7k miles on the clock.
Found one locally up for £1000 with broken right side handlebar and panel damage. I would be repairing myself and keeping..

I guess as its nearly 3 years, it will just need an MOT done after repair, and it should be fine to ride/insure for myself? How many pitfalls are there from a Cat C repaired bike? I just want something Jap to work on, and get more experience on a bigger bike :)

Soldato
Anyone know what a YZF 125R abs on 65 plate is worth if its repaired from a Cat C? 7k miles on the clock.
Found one locally up for £1000 with broken right side handlebar and panel damage. I would be repairing myself and keeping..

I guess as its nearly 3 years, it will just need an MOT done after repair, and it should be fine to ride/insure for myself? How many pitfalls are there from a Cat C repaired bike? I just want something Jap to work on, and get more experience on a bigger bike :)
Not sure about price but the resale value after you've repaired the damage is going to be poor given the cat C rating. If you plan to run it into the ground then no worries, cat C is usually just cosmetic. Cosmetic damage on a bike is great. People who don't know what they're looking at usually get put off and just want to get rid of it as a broken bike. There's a lot of money to be made on Cat C bikes if you want to put the man hours in.

Man of Honour
They normally go for North of £2k because they're what all the cool kids want so a grand sounds like a good deal if you can fix it up cheap enough, you might even make money if you want to sell it on because let's face it the young cbt lot just want to look cool and save some cash.

Transmission breaker
Don
Sounds interesting :D

Although just this second been offered a 16 plate CBR 125 r for £850 by someone in a facebook group I am in.

I just want it for pootling about on, and getting used to riding more, before i take a the main test in a couple of years. Not too fussed on residuals, and this seems like more of a deal. Fully working bike (carbon can apparently), Honda, and below 1k...

They are apparently more learner friendly too (something to do with seat height/riding position) and slightly less power.

Caporegime
Sounds interesting :D

Although just this second been offered a 16 plate CBR 125 r for £850 by someone in a facebook group I am in.

I just want it for pootling about on, and getting used to riding more, before i take a the main test in a couple of years. Not too fussed on residuals, and this seems like more of a deal. Fully working bike (carbon can apparently), Honda, and below 1k...

They are apparently more learner friendly too (something to do with seat height/riding position) and slightly less power.

They're both 125s so are as user friendly as they come. The CBR is considerably more comfy though, and doesn't try look like a superbike, whereas the YZF has looks that write cheques that the engine could never cash.

Soldato
Ghost X stuff

Have you encountered any difficulties using an external mic? (the only reason I went for this camera!). I have a a mic that I've tried with two usb / 3.5mm adaptors, one of which was the bundled one, and a micro usb native mic. Without the external mic the sound records, but it refuses to record using any external combination I've tried so far.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I really need to get back on my bike. Haven't ridden it since December for one reason or another and I can sense the inevitable "why do you need that?" questions from the mrs.

Associate
Did you clean it before you put it away? If not, get it out and clean it! That'll motivate you to give it a quick wizz to "help it dry!" You'll be back on it again in no time! :)

Soldato
I've bought a really cheap lift stand but just noticed the max weight is 150kg, my CRF rally is closer to 160kg, i've tried to cancel it but it's on it's way already.

Could i get away with using this occasionally or is it liable to just not lift the bike or break right away?, i've never used one before.

Back
Top Bottom