be quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Fans

Associate
Hi all, just a quick question if you don’t mind.

I’ve just got a Dark Rock Pro 4 and attached to my i7 8700k. However I noticed that because of the Ram I have, there is no room to attach the front fan.

I have no plan of overclocking so do you think I’ll be ok running with just the middle fan?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply. I tried raising it but the ram is rather tall and there is no more room in the case.

If I were to put that in pull mode am I right in saying that it literally just needs moving to the back? No need to turn it around?

Soldato
Thanks for the reply. I tried raising it but the ram is rather tall and there is no more room in the case.

If I were to put that in pull mode am I right in saying that it literally just needs moving to the back? No need to turn it around?
Exactly. Both fans should face the same way as each other

Soldato
Hi all, just a quick question if you don’t mind.

I’ve just got a Dark Rock Pro 4 and attached to my i7 8700k. However I noticed that because of the Ram I have, there is no room to attach the front fan.

I have no plan of overclocking so do you think I’ll be ok running with just the middle fan?

As already said, 2nd fan adds only a degree or 2 lower temps .. and you should be able to move fan up on front of cooler. Bottom of fan when flush with top of cooler top plate is very close to 48mm above motherboard. Raising fan to it's top is same height as heatpipe caps adds about 5.5-6mm more motherboard/RAM clearance.

Moving front fan to back as pull is another option, but it might increase fan noise a little. The way fans are built gives more impeller to mounting surface clearance pushing air than pulling air. This is because the fan motor mounting frame adds 4-5mm more clearance between impeller and surface fan is mounted on and this added clearance allows airflow to flow smoother between the impeller cutting/grabbing air that sometimes causes hum/rumble like sounds. \

If it was mine I would probably use just middle fan and make sure case is flowing air properly and supplying cooler with air no more than 3-5c above room ambient when system is working hard / stress testing. Link below is to basic guide of how airflow works and how to optimize case airflow.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-i-put-my-temp-sensor.18564223/#post-26159770

Associate
OP
Wasn’t able to add the other fan so just running on the one in the middle.

Idle temp is 35 and when rendering on 3DSMax it goes up to 58, so I believe thats pretty good?

Back
Top Bottom