Trouble connecting Ikea Tradfri to Hue

Soldato
Anyone else used Ikea Tradfri bulbs on their Hue system? I know it's possible and fully compatible but I'm having issues this end. All the guides I read mention they need to be the latest firmware, but without the Ikea hub and controller I can't check this.

They also say if you bought them this year (2018) then they'll probably be v2 already, and I bought all these a week ago. I don't really want to have to guy and buy a hub and controller just to set them up so is there any other way of determining the firmware from the bulb serial or similar?

Associate
have you got them in pairing mode (6 times on an off, with a slight bias to more off time that on time per on/off), they blink once to let you know

And which bulbs. My experience is the gu10s are all latest firmware, the e27 1000 lumens can be on old

Soldato
OP
Ok I sorted it by using a different app, Hue Essentials. Using the Touchlink process and searching for lights there works, although there's a slight bug in the search says "0 lights found" but when you exit it appears in the list. Once added there they also show on the Hue app.

Back
Top Bottom