Where to Stay in Rome

Soldato
The area around Termini is best avoided for accommodation. It’s mostly hostels and not particularly nice.

Buses are excellent in Rome and if you aren’t afraid of public transport you’ll probably get a much nicer hotel away from the center a bit.

Rome tends to be less busy in August due to the locals escaping to the beach, but it’s very hot. Spring is delightful.

Man of Honour
Some 20-23 years back, the enemy said that she fancied a long weekend in Rome, and I was charged with finding something.
I don’t recall exactly how I found it, almost certainly via the Internet, but we ended up having something like Thursday to Sunday in the Baglioni Regina Hotel, not far from the Spanish Steps.
It was fantastic, chocolates on the pillows, rose petals scattered on the bed, the whole nine yards.
This was during the era that I was still driving a Black Cab, and pulling down some long green.
I was offered a meet and greet, with a luxurious Mercedes from Leonardo da Vinci Airport and back for £40 each way which I accepted.
The area was alive with top notch restaurants and bars, we had a ball.
Sure, it wasn’t cheap, but I remembered my dad’s words, “The only time to worrry about money son, is when you have none, if you’ve got it, enjoy it, you’re a long time dead.”

Soldato
We stayed here:

https://www.hotelcampodefiori.com/en/

Really good location with easy access to pretty much everything. Walking distance to most attractions.

It was very well priced comparatively too because it doesn't really have a restaurant or bar. Yet it has an amazing rooftop terrace where they don't mind you using the glasses from your room and bringing over alcohol from the supermarket round the corner - they'll even provide you ice etc. Food wise it doesn't mater because you'll want to eat out all the time and they do serve a simple breakfast.

The rooms are also a little on the small side because it is an ancient building with lots of character. They're very well appointed though A/C etc.

Back
Top Bottom