If you could travel back in time.... And be someone....?

Associate
I think it would be a choice between Alexander the Great, Hannibal Barca or Leonidas, great military minds and leaders of men would be interesting to be part of those historical events as the central figures.

Soldato
Me when I was about 10-11, armed with all the knowledge I have now. Life on easy street :)

I've often wondered how differently things would pan out if I could rewind to that point in time but retain all of my current knowledge and experiences. I've not got any particularly big regrets or things I'd want to change, I just think it'd be interesting to see the true value of hindsight and whether I'd find myself either actively seeking out or avoiding any of the particular paths I've taken in life.

Soldato
I've often wondered how differently things would pan out if I could rewind to that point in time but retain all of my current knowledge and experiences. I've not got any particularly big regrets or things I'd want to change, I just think it'd be interesting to see the true value of hindsight and whether I'd find myself either actively seeking out or avoiding any of the particular paths I've taken in life.

Probably wouldn't help in practice.

At the end of the day, the choices you make are as a result of your circumstances rather than your knowledge.

And foreknowledge might even make things worse for you.

Anybody remember the TNG episode where Q does just this to Picard and it turns out to be a poison chalice?

Back
Top Bottom